Belly burning foods and Ab diets Needed!!

Options
Billywoo
Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
Hi, My name is Billy. Ive been on here for a couple month's, lost a bit of weight and on top of losing weight in my arms, chest, neck, face, legs, etc., Im left with a gut. I need as many tips as I can get to get rid of this thing properly. My abs are starting to show on the upper part of my abdomen, but the lower part is just getting bulky form the leg lifts, knee raised, and other ab workouts. This is where I still have a lot of fat stored Behind the muscle so im afraid to do any more ab workouts because i don't want a bulky, round, belly. Im looking for flat abs. Well as flat as I can get them. Any Belly fat burning foods and ab diets will be welcomed with open arms! I also had umbilical hernia surgery about 2 years ago so I have a mesh screen behind my abs near my belly button. So I may not be able to have ripped abs but flat will be just fine! Any help would be nice. Thank you in advance for your support!!

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, and you can't really control where your body loses weight first. Continue to lose fat, and your abs will eventually fall into line. If you don't have a good weight training regimen in place, consider adding that.
  • anunknownmouse
    Options
    There's no such thing as spot reducing. If you want to lose belly fat, you have to lose fat. Period.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well from what I've learned on here, cardio, and try reverse ab crunches for the lower ab. Lower your carb intake also, as carbs tend to go to the stomach. But I'm sure other more experience people will have more info for you. This is just what I've read here, and taken to heart.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing - you'll just need to keep working on reducing your overall body fat to reveal the ab muscles that already exist. You might consider working on some compound weight lifting movements like squats and deadlifts that strengthen the whole body in concert rather than isolated ab work.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately belly burning foods is a mythical creature like Unicorns. Strength training, cardio & your menu is the only recourse you have to burn body fat. There isn't any spot reduction exercises.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said, you just need to reduce your body fat through diet and a combination of cardio and resistance, preferably heavy lifting and full-body training rather than ab-specific exercises.

Join my challenge where we are all belly-busting!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/583027-berry-s-bare-belly-challenge-june-edition
  • sid719e
    sid719e Posts: 47
    Options
    Lower your carb intake also, as carbs tend to go to the stomach.

Where's the face-palm emoticon?????
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Hey, at least it wasn't a recommendation to eat precisely 72g of carbs daily! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sid719e
    sid719e Posts: 47
    Options

Hey, at least it wasn't a recommendation to eat precisely 72g of carbs daily! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You mean you don't have to do that????
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

You mean you don't have to do that????

Only on the third wednesday after a full moon.
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I did learn that there is no such thing as spot reduction through workouts. I am currently doing complete cardio exercises. I just didn't know if there are foods to help focus on the belly fat. For example, I heard that fresh blueberry's, olives, and oatmeal, help lose belly fat. Is this all a myth? What about a tablespoon of apple cider vinager with meals? I don't know, this is why im asking... Thanks again.
  • anunknownmouse
    Options
    Yes, those are a myth. Those are all healthy foods, but they do not specifically target abdominal fat. The whole tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with meals doesn't decrease abdominal fat either, the theory behind that is that it increases your satiety/stops hunger from coming back as quickly.
  • bray2160
    bray2160 Posts: 12
    Options
    Personally, I like P90X more than any other weight loss product because it's convenient. I can use it at my leisure and it's probably one of the only programs that I've actually seen work. I know people who are currently on the system and have lost tons of weight. Their bodies are more defined as well.

For those of you who may be interested in getting in shape, you can get P90X for $65 at http://www.squidoo.com/where-can-i-buy-p90x also read the comments in the guestbook section to see that this place is legit.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, and you can't really control where your body loses weight first. Continue to lose fat, and your abs will eventually fall into line. If you don't have a good weight training regimen in place, consider adding that.

yep, pretty much.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I did learn that there is no such thing as spot reduction through workouts. I am currently doing complete cardio exercises. I just didn't know if there are foods to help focus on the belly fat. For example, I heard that fresh blueberry's, olives, and oatmeal, help lose belly fat. Is this all a myth? What about a tablespoon of apple cider vinager with meals? I don't know, this is why im asking... Thanks again.

Lift heavy. That will help.