Real Women have curves- but I need help seeing mine again!

Options
Looking for motivated women who want to lose weight, but still mantain their curves. My goal is to lose 30lbs, so far I am at 8lbs down and need help getting over my hurdle of 180/179lbs. I always seem to give up at that point and I am 6lbs away from it... anyone out there who is dedicated??

11395504.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Soadrokr
    Soadrokr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    add me if you want. :) I need to lose a lot more than you do (75 pounds) and I am definitely motivated!
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Mirandas5bgirls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Trust me as long as it is taking me I feel like I should have reached my goal years ago. I really need to get serious or my doctor is looking to put me on high blood pressure medication. Plus I need the energy for my lil girls.:tongue::tongue:
  • ajrichardson1985
    ajrichardson1985 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like! My tricky weight area was getting below 165. I kept getting there and then backsliding back up to 170. It took figuring out a better calorie amount and customizing my goals to get past that roadblock. Just today I hit 160. :)
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Options
    That is awesome, when I get to that point again I will look for your advice. I run everyday and try to keep my diet in check, but cooking for my family everyday makes it kind of hard. This time I will reach my goal :smile: .
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I have a large body frame and a muscular build, so I'm not looking to weigh 110lbs. I've been 160lbs before and I looked damn good at that weight, curves and all :)
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Options
    Yes, I know according to my height of 5'4 I should be like in the 130's.... but I love the way I looked around 160-165. My body has changed so much after having my girls and 130, just would not look good on me.
  • ajrichardson1985
    Options
    I'm 5'4 too! And I have no idea how I'd look at 130, my goal is 140 so I can be in the BMI healthy zone.
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Options
    The most I could get away with is 150, but I think hubby might start asking questions. When he met me I was 175lbs and he seems to like the weight on me, obviously not a healthy weight at all.
  • gratefulkat06
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I do NOT want to be thin. My goals are to be healthy, and have a better self esteem. I'd like to say I am pretty dedicated. Keep up your good work!
  • zabu34
    zabu34 Posts: 8
    Options
    Totally keen!I have to lose weight for my wedding, I wanna be a good role model for my girls also!and be able to keep up with them-add me!Ill load a photo asap!
  • ajrichardson1985
    Options
    I'll definitely try to leave you supportive and motivational comments!! :) I think it's fair to warn you that they might be at weird times though, I live in Hawaii and this time zone is pretty far behind the rest of the planet haha.
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm taller than you (5'9) but I have similar goals- I love having curves, and have an hourglass shape, I just want a smaller hourglass shape :) Feel free to add me!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hello please add me :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Popping in because I HATE the phrase 'real women have curves'.
    'real women' have bodies of all shapes and sizes. :heart:

Aside from that, congrats on your progress so far, and WTG setting reasonable goals for yourself! :D
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    Hi, im 5'4 too, im at 175 at the moment after starting at 203. Im hoping to get to 160 then i shall see how i look, im not sure i'll look too good much smaller than that....also hubby loves my curves and keeps letting me know he doesnt want me too skinny !!! He loves me whatever my size but is enjoying my new found confidence right now, so has made it clear he'll be most happy if i was to stop now so im under no pressure from him to lose any more. :smile:
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    The most I could get away with is 150, but I think hubby might start asking questions. When he met me I was 175lbs and he seems to like the weight on me, obviously not a healthy weight at all.

same here :smile:
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Read each and every one of the reply's here and i think that everyone is just motivational :D I wish I was motivational. :) It would be great to be friends witness your transformation! And I hope i can be of motivational help to you too. Feel free to add me everyone. =)
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments and support, it will only help reach my goal.
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Options
    Popping in because I HATE the phrase 'real women have curves'.
    'real women' have bodies of all shapes and sizes. :heart:

Aside from that, congrats on your progress so far, and WTG setting reasonable goals for yourself! :D

Thanks for the congrats, but there is no reason to HATE the phrase it comes from women who have curves always fighting mainstream to be considered normal and not a PLUS size girl if you are a size 12 or 14(ridiculous). But I agree women come in all shapes in sizes and curves come in many different forms too.