Just Starting

Options
fdny9943
fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
I'm just starting on this site. I have been on others in the past but I need to shake things up. I'm slowly using this site more and more and hope it will help me break my plateau and reach my goal.

I have already lost 116 pounds over the last 2 years and kept it off and now I'm going for the last 84! I'm 6'1" and my goal is is be under 250 lbs. My exercise is good but my eating habits are still bad.

Any help and inspiration would be appreciated.

Replies

• cahulsey
    cahulsey Posts: 11
    Options
    WOW! Congrats on your accomplishments so far! That is awesome! Although I'm not brave enough yet to do this, one thing I've heard that helps people on MFP is to make their food journals public. It adds an extra level of accountability. I've been really inspried by reading how others are doing. When things are going great (i'm tracking my food, exercising, and drinking more water) people are there to celebrate with me. When I'm not doing so hot, no one judges, they just support. It's really nice! please feel free to add me to your support team, and let me know if I can do anything to help!
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're definitely in the right place. Friend request is on its way! I try to be active on my newsfeed so I hope I can provide the right motivation for you.

Outstanding job on the 116 pound loss. I bet you feel like a whole new man! I have about the same amount of weight left to lose as well and though I'm sure you will get there faster (men always do), it never hurts to have company!
  • Coffeegirl101
    Options
    I'm new as well and looking forward to see how this all turns out. I'll send you a friend invite and anyone else that wants to be my friend just send me one. The more the merrier I say. Here's hoping for success all around. :flowerforyou:

22055217.png
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. What I've found to be the key is to log your food on here every day and start adding friends that are on every day (or almost every day). They provide great support because they are trying to do exactly what you are trying to do.

Feel free to add me (and anyone else who reads this).

Good luck. Remember this is your journey and you didn't get to where you are today overnight, and you won't reach your destination overnight. It is up to you and you CAN do it!
  • ksherma1
    ksherma1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi im katie and ive been using this site/app for about 2 weeks it has helped me to improve my eating habits and exercise habits i have about 60lbs to lose so if you need a freind you can add me!!!
  • Izicus
    Izicus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far. I'm sure MFP will help you break your plateau ,right now I have somewhat hit mine as well but I'm pushing through it with little by little.
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all that you have done! What an accomplishment!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    My tip would be to open your diary and log absolutely everything you eat. That's one way of turning down the biscuit knowing you've got to show it and break your otherwise clean diary!
  • Jstud3232
    Jstud3232 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job man , keep up the hard work!!!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Starting? you are on the home stretch, truely amazing what you have achieved so far. Only 4 weeks in myself, finding it brilliant
  • Ti_Kao_Loi
    Ti_Kao_Loi Posts: 4
    Options
    116lbs! Well done that's crazy weight loss... keep up the hard work and the rest will continue to fall off.

Whilst there is a ton of advice I'm sure you will get on this forum, here is my contribution for giving a kick-start to your weight loss by boosting your metabolism further:

Add two cups of Green Tea everyday to your diet. Why? Because over a prolonged period of time consuming 2 cups of green tea a day will give your metabolism an extra hike helping to burn calories for longer throughout the day. At about 2kCal a cup that's a pretty decent trade off. You'll also find it increases your energy levels, and as an added benefit it contains powerful anti-oxidants that help fight against cancer and diseases as well as improving digestion, your skin, mental focus, the immune system and much more.

The bottom line, if you keep everything the same but add 2 cups of green tea a day to your diet you should see excellent results over time. :)
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and support. I'm not a big tea drinker but I assume I can make it iced tea and I'll try that. Did a good leg workout in the gym yesterday, you know it's a good leg workout when it hurts to walk down the stairs to your office!
  • nsmith6325
    nsmith6325 Posts: 41
    Options
    Nice work. I get how hard it is sitting around the station with the fridge full of icecream and other tempting junk food. I have found (and take a lot of grief for it) that by taking in my own supply of fruit and vegetables to snack on I have been able to control my eating habits. Oddly I now have others asking me for advice (not that I am qulified to give it) on how to eat. Funny how when you start losing weight they stop giving grief and start paying attention. Stick with it and good luck.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    116lbs! Well done that's crazy weight loss... keep up the hard work and the rest will continue to fall off.

Whilst there is a ton of advice I'm sure you will get on this forum, here is my contribution for giving a kick-start to your weight loss by boosting your metabolism further:

Add two cups of Green Tea everyday to your diet. Why? Because over a prolonged period of time consuming 2 cups of green tea a day will give your metabolism an extra hike helping to burn calories for longer throughout the day. At about 2kCal a cup that's a pretty decent trade off. You'll also find it increases your energy levels, and as an added benefit it contains powerful anti-oxidants that help fight against cancer and diseases as well as improving digestion, your skin, mental focus, the immune system and much more.

The bottom line, if you keep everything the same but add 2 cups of green tea a day to your diet you should see excellent results over time. :)
    This is good to know - I've been drinking more green tea in the morning because it has caffeine, if I'm correct about that. I normally have green tea after one cup of coffee, because I need another caffeine boost, but a second cup of coffee upsets my stomach. Plus, it's better for you than more coffee. I'll have to start adding another cup to my routine.