Weighed in after a year

Options
Morning everyone

I lost a lot of weight last year and got down to 9st 5llb I was well chuffed

Then in september last year I got ill and i have been unable to do any exercise at all, I felt the weight creeping back up, I started eating a bit of rubbish because I felt so fed up with this spinal injury I had.

Anyway, I decided to start eating properly again, but decided I was never going to weigh myself again

This morning about 1 year since I last weighed myself the temptation got to much and I decided to hop on the scales, 9st 12llb I have put on half a stone, I am chuffed with this that even though I have been unable to exercise for over a year and my life is quite sedatory I havent piled on so much weight

Myfitnespal has helped as I do calorie count everything and log it on here

:)

Replies

• sshetland
    sshetland Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    WTG
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your persistence and self control in what sounds like a difficult situation.
    Cheers
    Pearsy
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    way to go! I can relate with the spinal injury thing... it's so frustrating to not be able to exercise when you want to!
    You should feel very proud!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thats really good! You should be happy!!
  • skinEme1018
    skinEme1018 Posts: 25
    Options
    That is a true accomplishment! I was in a wheel chair for about four months but had a serious foot issue for a year...sure wish i could say I held strong like you. That is when I gained and now I am having to lose even with the damaged foot. You should be very proud!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    well done! that is a really big accomplishment.

i had various groin injuries for 2 years, so couldn't exercise core or legs at all... limping around everywhere etc. i stayed the same over the first year, but when another problem occurred that kept me largely immobile for another year i put on 12 kg google tells me this is 2 stone! so you have REALLY done well.
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    Thats brilliant! Do you mind me asking what weight you were first? Like before you dropped to 9st 5?? That's become my new goal, started at 11st 12 now 10st 1, I can't wait to see that lovely number 9 on my scales!
  • misspiglet71
    Options
    that is amazing and I hope you are on the road to recovery
  • micheleg39
    micheleg39 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you so much for your messages, they have really cheered me up

I am pleased and hopefully I can keep my weight down till my spine gets better

:)
  • micheleg39
    micheleg39 Posts: 4
    Options
    grainne_eire - I was 11st

I was a size 16 and actually didnt think I was overweight, had no clue what I weighed either, then I went into a department store with my other half and I "jokingly" got on some scales and was horrified!!

Thats when I started to diet
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!