Best cardio DVD - calorie burner

Options
Hi Guys
I am think about getting a dvd with some workout. I would like something intensive and energetic (no zumba!) Something burning lots of calories, cardio style (i'm doing bodyweigh (pushups, pullups, squats, sit ups etc) exercises, so want a a dvd mainly for cardio)
I was thinking about Turbo Jam. Has anyone done it?
I'm not really sure what to get, don't wan to be buying 10 different DVDs so maybe you have any suggestions
Thanks for any info

Replies

• ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    INSANITY is a great one. Doing it now; it's a KILLER! Check the search engine here for 'Turbo Jam' and 'Insanity' and you'll get lots of great info from ppl who've done those programs. Good luck!
  • dlavato
    dlavato Posts: 22
    Options
    Turbo Jam is a great workout fun and you burn lots of calories and you can burn even more if you wear the weighted gloves that come with the dvd's. I do not have it but I have also heard turbo fire is a great workout but that one is a little more spendy. I did love the turbo jam workouts, currently I am doing the brazil butt lift and there is some good cardio in there also along with some great workouts to get your butt into shape if needed. :wink: Hope this helps!!
  • ania0307
    ania0307 Posts: 49
    Options
    Fantastic. Thanks for a super fast reply :)
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Nell McAndrew? She does a good interval cardio workout.
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    Insanity does include body weighted exercises but it's definitely more based off cardio, plyometrics, etc.
    It's super easy to fit into your schedule, you need 30-40 minutes depending on the day and you get Sunday off. It also comes with an optional meal plan and a calendar so you know which work out to do on what day. It definitely is insane and it won't give you much time for your body to get used to a workout, so you'll get amazing results!
    I'm only on day 5 today but I already feel 10x better and my legs, arms, back, and obliques are looking more toned than ever.
    :bigsmile:
  • ania0307
    ania0307 Posts: 49
    Options
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire is great! Lots of fun, high energy, can add weighted hand gloves for more resistance. Insanity also.

For a cheaper option, try Amy Dixon's Breathless Body. It's a Tabata style workout - about 50 minutes. Three variations of each move available. Easy enough to master, and one helluva calorie burner! I've only done it once (long story) but I believe I burned about 700 calories!

You can get more info, and a video clip, here http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/amy-dixons-breathless-body-6022

:)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo cardio boxing is a good one
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire rocks! If you want cardio with more strength building I would recommend Insanity.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire is great! Lots of fun, high energy, can add weighted hand gloves for more resistance. Insanity also.

For a cheaper option, try Amy Dixon's Breathless Body. It's a Tabata style workout - about 50 minutes. Three variations of each move available. Easy enough to master, and one helluva calorie burner! I've only done it once (long story) but I believe I burned about 700 calories!

You can get more info, and a video clip, here http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/amy-dixons-breathless-body-6022

:)

I've been thinking about getting the Amy Dixon one. It has good reviews on amazon.