The difference between my two loves....

Ok, I just have to say I love my boys. Of course I do, I'm their mom. And of course I am always amused by them. But what amuses me the most is the difference between them. For example:

My oldest, 11 yrs, 69 lbs (I say this for a reason), tall skinny, blond, intense, confrontational, loving, can't sit still, loves bikes, skating, dirtbikes, baseball, the more extreem the better. Today he went with some friends for the first time to try moutain biking, The dad was amazed at his skills, he said he was the best one out there, better then the other boys who have been moutain biking for years. They did over 15 miles on nothing more than water and a tangerine! When he got home of course he was starved. What does he ask for? Peanut butter and apples, and a tofu soothie! LOL! Gee I wonder why he's only 69 lbs!

My youngest, 8 yrs, 70 lbs, tall, perfect weight, brown hair, laid back, easy going, lovey, sneaky, loves TV, movies, legos, video games, stuffed animals, drawing, cooking, very artisic. Today while the older one was doing his 15 mile trek, I draged my 8 yr old out while I ran, he was soooo funny trying to show me "tricks" on his scooter. He played on a playground while I ran the track, I wondered what was going thru his tremdous imagination as he played, perfectly content playing in the tambark. When we got home, we cooked up the best grilled cheese sandwich (for him).

Sorry, just had to share. Gotta to love kids, they are so great. My boys are my inspiration everyday to be healthy and active! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Ok, I just have to say I love my boys. Of course I do, I'm their mom. And of course I am always amused by them. But what amuses me the most is the difference between them. For example:

My oldest, 11 yrs, 69 lbs (I say this for a reason), tall skinny, blond, intense, confrontational, loving, can't sit still, loves bikes, skating, dirtbikes, baseball, the more extreem the better. Today he went with some friends for the first time to try moutain biking, The dad was amazed at his skills, he said he was the best one out there, better then the other boys who have been moutain biking for years. They did over 15 miles on nothing more than water and a tangerine! When he got home of course he was starved. What does he ask for? Peanut butter and apples, and a tofu soothie! LOL! Gee I wonder why he's only 69 lbs!

My youngest, 8 yrs, 70 lbs, tall, perfect weight, brown hair, laid back, easy going, lovey, sneaky, loves TV, movies, legos, video games, stuffed animals, drawing, cooking, very artisic. Today while the older one was doing his 15 mile trek, I draged my 8 yr old out while I ran, he was soooo funny trying to show me "tricks" on his scooter. He played on a playground while I ran the track, I wondered what was going thru his tremdous imagination as he played, perfectly content playing in the tambark. When we got home, we cooked up the best grilled cheese sandwich (for him).

Sorry, just had to share. Gotta to love kids, they are so great. My boys are my inspiration everyday to be healthy and active! :flowerforyou:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    they are a great motivator arnt they i have a boy and a girl and wow so different between the sexes and my son is special needs so big difference there as well but boy they are funny in one will eat the pizza and one will eat the wedges on pizza night its so funny.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I love hearing stories like that. My son is only 17 months but I see him becoming more and more a "little boy" and not a baby anymore. I just adore him and being healthy for him and my "hopefully" future child is what is keeping me going! I am looking to get pregnant again in the fall sometime and want to get down and as healthy as I can by then.

I am so happy for your family! They sound great!
  • My son keeps me motivated as well. Today we were grocery shopping , after attending a birthday party. He has been begging me to buy a "REAL" coconut forever cause he heard coconuts had milk and he wanted to drink it. He's 6 yrs old. So we buy the coconut. Hubby just drilled some holes and we filtered the coconut milk out. lol my son was quite disgusted. He expected it to be sweet like bagged coconut and "milky" He has tried the raw coconut and is ok with that but he thinks daddy shoud now make a coconut cream pie lol.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    "he thinks daddy shoud now make a coconut cream pie lol. " :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have a boy and girl and they are extreme opposites as well. Amazing how they can be so totally different when they have the same parents and same household isn't it? :heart:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    I was in this weight loss group, we were supposed to partner up with someone and make daily calls to support each other. I was paired up with the nicest guy, but just didn't know anything about nutrition. He was asking me all sorts of great questions, It was exciting to see the light bulb go off. Anyhow, after I get off the phone with him, my 8 yr old is reading the nutritional info on something and could tell me what was healthy and not. I was so proud! It made me feel like I am setting him on the right path. It is so hard out there with all the processed food. I don't want my kids to be the "weird granola eating kids", but I want them to be well informed, and lead healthy life styles.

Thanks for letting me do a little mommy bragging, lol! I love to hear all your stories too!~:flowerforyou: