Inexpensive Women's Jeans

Options
I'm halfway to my goal weight and in desperate need of new jeans. I don't want to spend more than $30, since I'm hoping they'll be too big in a month or two. Any suggestions for stores or brands? What have you done in this situation?

Replies

• hopeandj
    hopeandj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Check consignment shops, most of the time you can find almost brand new clothes for super cheap. You can even take your old clothes and sell them.
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    try Kohl's, when i put up a thread like this people told me to go to places like salvation army because you can get clothes for cheap with the tags on them, however, i never ventured into one.
  • seisenma
    seisenma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    check Target or Kolh's
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    NY&Co is my favorite store, and they always have great coupons. I went a few weeks ago with a $50 off a $100 purchase coupon and bought jeans ($49.95) and four tops. My total was $54 :)
  • time4achange41
    Options
    Old Navy and Walmart ...Also try Goodwill and other thrift shops you may have to dig...I bought a pair of Old Navy Jeans brand new with the tags on this week at St Vincent DePauls for $5.99
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Angels and YMIs are my favorite brands, both under $30.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Kohl's Sonoma brand in misses or SO in juniors, JCPenney's St. John's Bay in misses and Arizona in juniors. Typically under $25, sometimes less.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Go to your local goodwill. I am also at my half way point, and have found great jeans and shorts for $3 to $5 a piece. I even found a cute top.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Old Navy outlet, Gap outlet, Rue 21, JCPenney, Sears, clearance rack of most stores
  • SemiChaud
    SemiChaud Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair at Reitmans for $16. Theyre shifting their Spring clothing to get ready ready for teh SUmmer arrivals! Great time :)
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The last jeans I got are my current have and they are from jcpenney. I paid $22.
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Goodwill but yes, you do have to dig. I found a pair of New York and Co. jeans with tags still on them. Cost me $3.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Go to the Good Will in the better part of your town, you may be able to find some nice stuff there.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The "Amanda" line from Gloria Vanderbuilt are my favorite jeans of all time. I've been wearing them for years! They are about $37, and easily found in Meijers and Sears.
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is my cheap "go to" store! I try to catch their jeans when they are on sale for $19.99.
  • snowbirdy
    snowbirdy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I go Dollar General - Bobby Brooks jeans $12 - $14 and they are super comfortable and have lasted a good while too. Hubby buys thrift store jeans all the time $2 - $8 and they are all brands from Levi to Ralph Lauren. Good luck :D
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Marshall's or TJ Maxx near you? You can get name brand pants, most for under $30 (some as low as $15). Levis, Lee, Lucky, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Seven, etc.
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway to my goal weight and in desperate need of new jeans. I don't want to spend more than $30, since I'm hoping they'll be too big in a month or two. Any suggestions for stores or brands? What have you done in this situation?

Old Navy. They tend to have stretch and if you hit up a sale, they're usually less than $20.
  • sionnain
    sionnain Posts: 96
    Options
    I get all mine from Forever 21.
  • flanchick
    flanchick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I prefer Kohl's or Fashion Bug. They both have frequent coupons to keep the price low.