NSV

Options
ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
So, yesterday after my 3.5 mile run I was locking my car doors. My neighbor drove by and he backed up and then said..I just want you to know you are looking good..we can tell you've lost a lot of weight and we always see you running..Keep up the good work. WOW! and we're not really friends with them either(lived by them 7 years).

After feeling frustrated because the scale seems like it doesn't move this made my day..keeps me motivated:)

Replies

• DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work :)
  • gkpass
    gkpass Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thing to have happen! Isn't it amazing to think that your choice to do something for yourself has opened a door for a new friendship? Awesome!
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That is the best NSV. Keep it up, nice jobe
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Also keep in mind that just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you aren't making progress. Track your measurements and you will probably be surprised. Im slowly learning the scale is a liar when it comes to success and getting healthy.

- JoAnna
  • illecl
    illecl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! It definitely helps to have people notice.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Awesome - Unexpected and unsolicited compliments are always a nice surprise!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    that is awesome! It's always nice when someone else notices our hard work. Congrats on your NSV :flowerforyou:
  • StarCee
    StarCee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a great compliment and super rewarding to hear those comments. WTG for sure!!
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    that's great! :D
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Awwww, I love this - thank you for sharing!

I secretly keep hoping that my neighbor who sees me at the park all the time will say something to me. There is something about someone who has no investment in you - taking the time to tell you that you're doing a good job. I probably would have gotten emotional!

Keep up the great work!! You're quite the inspiration. :drinker:
  • ChefTamiCinNC
    ChefTamiCinNC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know that felt good! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!