need help

Options
Hey all,
I have been in here for a while.I've had slight success with it, I've gotten my friends to go on here and check it out, I've even had a major streak going... But truth be told,I am not losing like I've wanted to. Like not even close. I have been up and down with my weight.I need people with positivity and motivation for me and that will help stick it out with me. I am in a body I don't even know any more...I need to get rid of this stranger I've been calling myself.thanks everyone

Replies

• acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    First of all: YOU CAN DO IT! Secondly, by joining mfp you've taken action to commit to yourself, committing to goals of health and wellness. Be honest with yourself. It's easy to get discouraged when you don't see rapid or dramatic results, but rapid and dramatic results are often not sustainable.Making good choices and honestly examining your bad choices/patterns is the only path to long term success.... Finally, consistency is KEY and lifestyle changes are implemented with will power and will power like a muscle gets stronger w/ exercise:smile: That being said: consistently making good choices and engaging in good behaviors is difficult, but give yourself a few weeks and it will get easier! Best of luck!
  • dgarblik
    dgarblik Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • lady_blu
    lady_blu Posts: 9
    Options
    You can definatly do it. As the previous poster stated it take time for you to get into the groove of things where weight loss is concerned. The major key is to stay consistant. Rapid and dramatic results are ususally not lasting. So take your time and do it slowly so that you won't be back at this same point next year. Good luck!!!
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    We can all do this!!

I started a weight-loss "contest" with a friend. She went to her Dr. and got a prescription for phentermine (sp?) and lost 11 lbs in a month. She was tracking her food and exercising, but had an injury and fell off the wagon...HARD. She gained 6 of those 11 lbs back within 2 weeks.

I, on the other hand, have made lifestyle changes. I am eating healthier, tracking my food and have started exercising daily. Granted, I have only lost 5 lbs in the last month, but I can honestly say I feel BETTER. I am motivated to keep these changes going long-term because of how it's making me feel, mentally and physically. The weight loss is just a perk at this point...it's not my main goal anymore.