Running Shorts-- ladies... help!!

Options
So it's starting to warm up in my area and running outside in pants is killing me! I'm looking for a good pair of running shorts. I have bigger thighs so I'm looking for something thats not going to ride up or have my thighs rub (thats the worst!) I have a few pairs of capris but I really want some shorts. Any ideas?! Please help!

Replies

• AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I found when my thighs were bigger, it was more comfortable to wear men's jogging shorts. They make some great ones for women, but the men's ones are so much more comfy for me for some reason! I buy mine from Target. They have a pretty good selection.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy's active compression shorts - the longer length. The 3 inch length rides up for me (maybe because I ordered a M and should have ordered a S). http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=69873&vid=1&pid=898414&scid=898414002
  • alipeck
    alipeck Posts: 3
    Options
    I swear by lululemon shorts. I personally think the brand is a little pricey, but well worth the money. I prefer the speed short, 5'8" 122 lbs, but a really strong girl at my crossfit gym loves the turbo short. She is probably 5'7" and 145 lbs of pure muscle. Her legs are bigger so she likes the turbo short for length as well as width. They don't ride up, they don't ride down and no chaffing. Dream shorts! Go check out lululemon.com
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks shorts. I have three pairs in varying length, and I'd had no ride up whatsoever.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of running skirts. I have the skirt with the compression shorts underneath but I really like the just below the knee length shorts with skirt as well.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Nike compression shorts under Nike running shorts.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I found when my thighs were bigger, it was more comfortable to wear men's jogging shorts. They make some great ones for women, but the men's ones are so much more comfy for me for some reason! I buy mine from Target. They have a pretty good selection.

Love this idea! Never thought of buying men's shorts :blushing:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy's active compression shorts - the longer length. The 3 inch length rides up for me (maybe because I ordered a M and should have ordered a S). http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=69873&vid=1&pid=898414&scid=898414002

I just ordered some of these... can't wait to try them. I usually run in Lululemon compression crop tights.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to wear when I run are those cheap $10 cotton/spandex biker shorts from Academy. Even when my thighs were larger they didn't ride up. Nike shorts are my LEAST favorite because no matter what size I try, they're too bulky and ride up even when I just try them on in the fitting room. Now I also like the Puma shorts that are cut similarly to the Nike ones, but they rode up when my thighs were bigger.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I love my running skorts ( tennis skirts )
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I love my compression shorts from Target. They're comfy and don't move!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of 3/4 length nike compression shorts that I wear under running shorts, taht are awesome for rubbage...then I just wear a pair of running shorts over it. Idk if there's one around you, but I got them for like 12 bucks at marshalls :)
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I swear by lululemon shorts. I personally think the brand is a little pricey, but well worth the money. I prefer the speed short, 5'8" 122 lbs, but a really strong girl at my crossfit gym loves the turbo short. She is probably 5'7" and 145 lbs of pure muscle. Her legs are bigger so she likes the turbo short for length as well as width. They don't ride up, they don't ride down and no chaffing. Dream shorts! Go check out lululemon.com
    ^^^^ Agree
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Bike shorts. Only thing that works on me. I sometimes wear regular running shorts over.
  • enchantedbunny
    Options

Love this idea! Never thought of buying men's shorts :blushing:

ditto! I love guys' basketball shorts - i get the large size in the boys section at target and they're usually $6 a pair!
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I tried these on at Target and found them to be really comfortable. They were snug on the thighs but stretchy so you dont get any bulges, and they stayed down when I jogged in place.

http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Womens-Athletic-Shorts-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13943964