Best Yoga Videos

Options
Hi y'all!!

I am looking for the best yoga/pilates videos for beginners to intermediate. I'm trying to build my core, but also get relaxed.

:flowerforyou: Thanks in advance!

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    There's this one yogi on youtube that I follow; she has A LOT workouts that focus on the core:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sadienardini&view=videos
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    10 minute solutions yoga for beginners. it has 5 different ten minute sessions that you can make a "playlist" of each time you do it.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried yoga, but I have a Pilates video from Denise Austin that is pretty good for beginners. It is called "Hit the Spot Pilates" It targets different body parts utilizing pilates moves.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Anything with Rodney Yee is great.

One caveat for yoga dvds: when they say "intermediate" or "advanced". . .they are!

Rodney Yee has a great DVD with a practice for flexibility and another for strength. Also, if you're new to yoga, but pretty strong (particularly in your upper body) his "Yoga Burn" is great! If you get tired in a pose, just default to child's pose. . .and you'll be doing the whole thing in no time.

:flowerforyou:
  • Sarandipity
    Options
    I have one Yoga Conditioning for weight loss with Suzanne Deason . It is good in that there are 4 people doing the routine but each with a different modified pose so you can work your way up to the full poses. The DVD actually lets you select which modification you wish to follow and it will focus on her exclusively or you can watch it with all 4 women in the different degrees of difficulty.
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thank you!!!

I like the idea of being able to focus on one person....I'm not extremly strong and really don't want to hurt myself!

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Anything with Rodney Yee is great.

One caveat for yoga dvds: when they say "intermediate" or "advanced". . .they are!

Rodney Yee has a great DVD with a practice for flexibility and another for strength. Also, if you're new to yoga, but pretty strong (particularly in your upper body) his "Yoga Burn" is great! If you get tired in a pose, just default to child's pose. . .and you'll be doing the whole thing in no time.

Seconded. Also, may places have yoga podcasts for free. Yoga Journal has a few.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The Yoga Zone videos are good.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I love Sara Ivan Hoe, SHe has a great video Called Fat Burning Yoga and candle yoga, She is great .
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've used Bob Harpers Weight loss yoga and I loved it! He filmed it with contestants from TBL, so there are no professionals, just real people. And there are three work outs that you build up to, a level one basic 30 min yoga, 'level two' adding 15 min abs, and 'level three, adding 10 min arms.
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I've used Bob Harpers Weight loss yoga and I loved it! He filmed it with contestants from TBL, so there are no professionals, just real people. And there are three work outs that you build up to, a level one basic 30 min yoga, 'level two' adding 15 min abs, and 'level three, adding 10 min arms.

I agree, I own a ton of yoga dvds, and this one is great if you are just starting! And looking at bob the whole time definitely doesn't hurt! :laugh:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Yoga for Dummies is a great beginner video and a great workout!
    It introduces you to all of the basic postures slowly and with percise instructions. You are only focused on one instructor on the screen and it gives you tips and lets you know what not to do also. Its how I got started in yoga and now I can keep up in class without watching the instructor to make sure I'm doing the poses correctly.