Replies

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Costco
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Are Goodwill stores what we call charity shops in the UK? Individuals and companies donate clothes and other stuff for them to sell to make money for the charity. I buy lots in charity shops when "in transition" between sizes. My current favourite pair of pants cost £3.50 - about $2.50 I think. I'm wearing them to death til they're too big. They were brand new (still had tags on) from M&S, a dependable high street chain store.

Charity shops are definitely the best place to shop when on a diet - and you can give them all the clothes that are now too big for you for someone else to enjoy. I've never had a "distasteful" problem buying from them.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I work as a bartendar on the weekends and can wear jeans to work. I never want to wear my expensive jeans due to spills so I buy a lot of the FLIRT fit at OLD NAVY. Twice a year they sell them for $15.00, otherwise I believe they are in the $30.00 range. They are super comfortable and keep thier color and fit.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    if you dont have any good local consignment shops, try Ebay! I have bought most of my jeans there as my sizes have changed along the way!
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    NY&CO if you can find a coupon (they also accept coupons you find online at places like retailmenot.com, you can print it or just show it to them on the phone; as long as there's a code for them to type, you can use it.

Kohls is good.

And also...at your weight now, which is close to mine, you may want to even consider junior's jeans which are typically a bit less money at stores like Mandee's, etc. I just bought 2 pairs that were $20 each. They fit perfectly!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. My jeans are big but I am not where I want to end up yet.
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i love the stretchy Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Costco, usually around $20.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    clearance racks are great! I love american eagle jeans- you can get them for around 30-40, even less if on the clearance rack, old navy are affordable, but I don't like the fit as well. I went through the same things throughout my weightloss- there was a point where I bought a pair of jeans and 2 weeks later they didn't fit anymore!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    target!!!!
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Check consignment shops, most of the time you can find almost brand new clothes for super cheap. You can even take your old clothes and sell them.

THIS!!!!!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ross, Marshalls, Old Navy has great prices and different fit types too.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of Old Navy Jeans. They are very affordable and also have vanity sizes. So you can actually wear a bit smaller than you wear in other jeans.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have dropped over 240 pounds and consignment shops, Goodwill and other thrift stores have been great. I never pay more than $5.00 for a pair of jeans. I found a brand new pair of American Eagle jeans for $5.00 and I buy mostly Wranglers and Levis. Those seem to fit me the best with my body type. I don't like low rise jeans.
  • gaveruz
    gaveruz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got me a pair from Walmart last night! Huge clearance on jeans, pretty cute and only $7!!!!!!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't know how widespread they are, or where you live, but there's a place around me called Clothes Mentor. I haven't been in it, personally, but their ads are geared pretty much specifically toward women losing weight. I think you can even sell your old clothes back to them. Might be worth seeing if you have that, or something like it.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I tend to buy higher quality clothes when I'm bigger because I still want to look good in my bigger size and the cheaper jeans don't work for my body type when larger, however, to answer your question..Goodwill stores are good. You have to search but if you don't want to do that, go to BJ's or Sams' club or Costco's you can find nice cheap clothes. I know BJ's wholefood store carry Gloria Vanderbilt jeans very cheap under 20 bucks. Sam's has cheaper clothes too. Good Luck!
  • memameri
    memameri Posts: 1
    Options
    I get hand me downs. I have a friend who is also on this journey, and I am about 1-2 sizes behind her!
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I vote for Kohl's too. They usually have great sales. Occasionally Old Navy too, but I don't really like the fit of their jeans. Most people say Goodwill, now I'm not high class or anything (I wear jeans and t shirts mostly), but wearing strangers clothes just skeeves me out for some reason. I mean I know they've been washed, I just can't seem to do it.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love high end consignment shops and have had good luck with 7Seven jeans in particular. They aren't as spendy as 7 for all mankind, rock & republic, etc but IMO fit and look better.

Went to one yesterday and found Citizens of Humanity jeans for $20. They were a tad tight so I went with some Hollister ones for $7.50. All in perfect condition, some still with tags. Don't knock the consignment! Why buy a crappy low end pair brand new for $30+ when you can get the good stuff for cheaper, just gently used?
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love going to consignment shops, but since I need tall jeans I can't always find what size I need with the length I need. For cheap jeans, I usually go to Wal-Mart or Old Navy. At Wal-Mart I tend to get the Lee jeans -- they are cut much better than they used to be, and they are pretty durable. They also cost only about $20/pair. For some reason, the Faded Glory Wal-Mart brand jeans just never fit me right and they just look wrong on my body. I think it's just a matter of trying things on and seeing what works. Also, you can usually find some great sale or clearance jeans/pants at Old Navy. I once found 3 pairs of my favorite cut there on clearance, and they were marked down simply because Old Navy was changing their labels/look of their tags. Seriously. No difference in the jeans except for the tags sewn on the inside. :)