Replies

• him1025
    him1025 Posts: 44
    Options
    wal mart have lei jeans for 13.88
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yard sales & Salvation army, why spend much when you're not going to wear them long. :laugh:
  • dezaraepeeples
    dezaraepeeples Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My main choices (as I've been in the same situation), in no particular order:
    1.) Consignment shops
    2.) Good Will/Salvation Army/ "nonprofit thrift stores"
    3.) Clearance/sale racks (at any store)
    4.) There's a "buy/sell/trade" facebook group for my area, where people list stuff they don't want for pretty cheaply. I bought a few pairs off of there. They're still a size too small for me currently, but eventually, I will get into them.

Of course, I only needed size 11s. I have plenty of 7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s that got hidey-holed away from when I was skinny.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would try thrift stores for sure, I found my last 3 pairs at Goodwill and If you have one near you a Plato's Closet, you can get name brand jeans for 10-16$. I love that store!
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    My go-to place is the Talbot's outlet. If you aren't near one you can order online. I get jeans for $7-10! Regular price is $89! I love a bargain!

Most young girls think Talbot's is for old ladies like me, but they have many different jean styles including the boyfriend jean which is the low rise everyone seems to be wearing.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    It was a few years ago, but Wal-Mart carries some name brand's...either Lee or Levi's. I think it was Lee's, and they were very flattering and around $20 at the time. Nice dark wash and slight stretch.

I know Kohl's carry men's Levi's, but I've never shopped for ladies' jeans there.

I'm tall, so I always get mine online and they are pricy but they last me about 2 years.
  • KL124
    KL124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Kohls! I bought a pair of Elle jeans for $10, and a pair of Vera Wang jeans for $10.80. They are super cute! Check in the clearance section. They always have tons of jeans on sale :)
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Goodwill, Salvation Army or other thrift store.

Good luck
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing amount of awesome responses! Thank you all so much! We don't have a good consignment shop around here, and Old Navy fits me weird, so I'm thinking I'll try Kohl's and Target to start. Thanks again ladies, and keep up the good work! :)
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I went to Kohl's last night and they're having a huge sale. After two hours of trying on both misses and juniors jeans in various cuts and sizes, I ended up with a size 11 juniors bootcut, originally $40 but marked down to $19. They're the tightest jeans that don't look gross on me, so they should last a while lol!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm a major consignment and thriftstore fan.....find good ones and you'll find awesome stuff!

also lohemans and if you have nordstroms rack i sometimes can find a good sale in there
  • michellecatherine71854
    Options
    Target has Denizen jeans by Levis that are $25-30 each and they fit great. Those were a splurge to wear to work. The rest of my jeans are from Goodwill for $5 each. I went bonkers and bought 6 pair in different sizes in a style I like and have been going through them slowly and steadily. The only downside is that you may have to go frequently to check out their sizes because you never know what sizes or kinds they will have at any given time.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I never pay more than $15.00 for jeans. Last pair I got at Ross for less than that, vey cute butt lifting style. Before that, Walmart.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    wal mart have lei jeans for 13.88

Yeah, these.
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    Forever 21 has real cute jeans for less than $20 usually.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    forever 21 jeans are $10 :drinker: :drinker:
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has been said, but I will say it anyway. Ha ha.

Check Goodwill - on Saturdays (at least here) they run 1/2 off everything sales. Normally their pants/jeans are marked around $7-8 so you can get jeans for $4. Name brand too! I've seen Calvin Klein, Levi's, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and many others.

I am also a fan of consignment shops - there are a couple here that I love because they only take name brands - and sell them for an amazing deal - for instance, I bought a pair of 7 For All Mankind (this was back in my previous skinny days) for $20.

I would peruse sales racks at Old Navy too. Sometimes you can find amazing deals on clothes there - shirts for $2-3 and jeans for $9-10.

Ebay is another option. Especially if you know a brand that you know you like how they fit. I've bought jeans super cheap on ebay before.

Good Luck!!
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love Cato they have great prices and in style clothing :)
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree on thrift shops. I scored a new brand new pair of Lauren jeans for $2 recently. I have been checking back every week. Am waiting to reach my goal before I spend more money on cloths.