best flip flop to wear in gym shower?

Options
I have a pair of cheap flip flops I like, but when I wore them to the gym I found that when I got in the shower and got my feet wet my feet slipped in them a bit.

Anyone here have a suggestion for what I should try next?

Replies

• jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Have perhaps considered a pare of water shoes, like what you'd wear in a rocky lake?
  • sandraDallas
    Options
    jonchew - yes, i did but i want something easy to take on and easy to take off - otherwise i'll be tempted to not bother and i really don't want to pick up a foot fungus!
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have some Adidas flip flops that work great.

adidas1.jpg

I also have some water shoes on which the strap over the heel has velcro on both sides, so that it can be completely removed, making the shoes very easy to slide on/kick off. You could look for some of those.

How do you feel about Crocs?
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I like the kind that flip and flop try for some of those.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have some Adidas flip flops that work great.

adidas1.jpg

I also have some water shoes on which the strap over the heel has velcro on both sides, so that it can be completely removed, making the shoes very easy to slide on/kick off. You could look for some of those.

How do you feel about Crocs?

This is exactly what I wear and works really well for me. Your feet will never slip, but small suggestion : once you turn the water off, before exiting the shower, raise your legs at 90deg (bending at the knee) after the shower to "empty" the little water that remains trapped on the bottom of the sandal...I forgot to do this the first time and when I was changing and picked them up from the floor to put them in a bag, I created a small puddle :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have these: http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/EC1021607-5021855/adidas/Black_White/Women's+Adissage.aspx

They are awesome. They clean up and dry quickly as well and the grips on the bottom keep your feet from slipping even in the shoe. They do take some getting used to, but I like them a lot.
  • sandraDallas
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I'm going to look for those Addidas ones this weekend. I like the way the insole has those spiky things on it - that should prevent my foot from slipping around - and thanks for the suggestion about lifting my foot 90 degrees to let the water drain out before leaving the shower.