Medical Question - RASH

Options
HI all!!

I have tried researching this online and can't seem to find anything that looks like what I have going on..... Monday during the day, I got these littel red bumps with white heads (they looked like zits) on my back like on my shoulder blades/under arms.... By the time I got home Monday night they had spread all the way down both sides of my torso. Tuesday morning, they looked a little better. Last night they were worse!! They do not look like zits anymore... more like just red bumps. Today, there has been no change from last night. They are semi sore and mildly itch. It's weird, they hurt, but at the same time itch a little. Does anyone have a CLUE what this could be??? I have done nothing differenly that I know of!!

TIA!!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Could it be excema?

I have something similar on the back of my arms (above the elbow). Lotioning it WELL keeps the bumps at bay.

No clue otherwise. Hope you can figure out a solution quickly though! :flowerforyou:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Shingles???
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

LOL Duh!! We're just brainstorming here! :tongue:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Really though, go see a doctor.
  • klybarger
    Options
    Having just gone through the shingles experience, please see a doctor at once. They can save you a little pain and suffering! I waited too long and there wasn't much they could do for it.
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, could be a folliculitis (hair follicle infection). The more you scratch the more you spread it. Sometimes you have to get an antibiotic for it, but milder cases can be resolved with soaking with hot washcloth/shower, let the follicles open and drain and air dry, leaving them alone. Usually this is much more prevelant in the groin/pubic area, but you have hair all over your body, so it's possible.

Otherwise, could be a contact dermatitis, or an allergic reaction to something new in your environment...i.e food, clothes, detergent...bendadryl could let you know (if you're not allergic to that medicine).

And then of course a plain ole' heat rash...

No expert, just some ideas...
  • Philde04
    Options
    From everything that I have read online it's not shingles or ecema... I have that on my finger lol.. so I know what that's like...
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Amen brother! :drinker:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an allergic reaction to something.......have you tried new foods lately? or changed laundry detergents, soaps, shampoos, anything?
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    <
    NOT a doctor

anywho - my friend's 13 year old had what she thought was bumps from shaving her under arms, but they spread down her arm so she took her in.

turns out it was a bacterial infection - possibly from a dirty razor - treatable with antibiotic cream and no shaving for 10 days or something like that.

i suggest you check it out. nothing wrong with asking the doc for some help!

<
    again, NOT a doctor! :smokin:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,709 Member
    Options
    HI all!!

I have tried researching this online and can't seem to find anything that looks like what I have going on..... Monday during the day, I got these littel red bumps with white heads (they looked like zits) on my back like on my shoulder blades/under arms.... By the time I got home Monday night they had spread all the way down both sides of my torso. Tuesday morning, they looked a little better. Last night they were worse!! They do not look like zits anymore... more like just red bumps. Today, there has been no change from last night. They are semi sore and mildly itch. It's weird, they hurt, but at the same time itch a little. Does anyone have a CLUE what this could be??? I have done nothing differenly that I know of!!

TIA!!
    I had something similar a couple of years ago and went to the doctor. Imagine my surprise when he told me I had Chicken Pox...again! I'm in my 40s, and I had Chicken Pox as a kid. I echo what other people have said, though: Go to the doctor.

Jill
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I doubt that it is shingles, as they usually involve pain under the skin due to being a result of inflamed nerve endings. I periodically get a few similar sounding spots on the back or side of my fingers, or the tops of my toes. The usually disappear on their own, and if you annoy them, they might "weep" a little. Other than being an annoyance, and mildly itchy, they have never been bad enough, or stuck around long enough for me to go to the doctor.

I do have an appointment w/my dermatologist on the 23rd, so if I find anything out that might shed some light, I will post after my appointment

Meanwhile, if the itching is getting to you, I have found a little hydrocortizone cream helps, or you can try calamine lotion.

My theory is that they are caused by an allergic reaction, but I have no idea what might be causing mine. If you have made any recent changes to soap--bath or laundry, fabric softener? When they showed up, were you someplace you don't usually go? Did you eat or drink something that you don't usually consume? Have you recently purchased new furniture, carpet, or anything else that you might have come in contact with?

These are all just possibilities. It may not be allergy related at all. Just posted the questions to help you come up with some idea of a cause.

Good luck :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • magichatter06
    Options
    HI all!!

TIA!!
    I had something similar a couple of years ago and went to the doctor. Imagine my surprise when he told me I had Chicken Pox...again! I'm in my 40s, and I had Chicken Pox as a kid. I echo what other people have said, though: Go to the doctor.

Jill

Oh wow! My chicken pox started on my face and what I thought were just like water filled pimples, turned out they weren't! I got them when I was 17
  • magichatter06
    Options
    HI all!!

TIA!!

Jill

Oh wow! My chicken pox started on my face and what I thought were just like water filled pimples, turned out they weren't! I got them when I was 17
  • Philde04
    Options
    Ok... I am really starting to freak out now!!!! I found something online about bed bugs!!! OMG... I will die if that is what this is..... My husband is a firefighter and sleeps in a bed shared with multiple people on other shifts.... It is possible that he could have brought some home in his things..... however, he has no bites/bumps or anything on him.... Anyone know anything about these or had them before!?!?!?! ! Either way I am going home to rip my house apart tonight.... LOL.
  • rstarks54
    Options
    Not likely, I would venture to the Dr.s office, sounds more like shingles or chicken pox...Best to you...Rick
  • pelelovesme1011
    Options
    Your best answer is going to come from a doctor that can look at it and not from people from this site who have no visual or doctory experience. It sounds like an allergic reaction to me, possibly from a new body wash or detergent? Anyway, just call the doc and make an appointment. Better safe than sorry.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Your best answer is going to come from a doctor that can look at it and not from people from this site who have no visual or doctory experience. It sounds like an allergic reaction to me, possibly from a new body wash or detergent? Anyway, just call the doc and make an appointment. Better safe than sorry.

I agree 100% with chgudhitz and peleloveme1011

The longer you wait to seek medical attention the worse it gets. Please go see a doctor right away. Take good care. I'm sorry you got the rash.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    For what it is worth, chickenpox are usually accompanied by a fever, and sometimes body aches.

If the age on your profile is correct, it is quite possible you were vaccinated against them when you were younger. Your mother might remember, or if you have access to the doctor you went to as a child, your immunization records would be available there.

Going to the doctor, of course, is a good idea. In my prior post, I was offering possibilities, not a diagnosis. Medical advice by itself is not as effective as is is when combined with some detective work.

I once had a mystery stomach cramping illness that came and went, and my doctor was all set to do multiple expensive tests for parasites and who knows what.

I happened to notice that my symptoms seemed to arrived within a few of hours of eating some spinach dip that was in my refrigerator. I happened to mention this fact in the presence of a family member, who admitted the dip had sat out at room temperature overnight a few days before, and then was put back in the fridge!!:noway:

You can imagine how pleased I was to find this out!!:grumble: I tossed the spinach dip and my mystery illness went with it.