Can you help?

Options
So I haven't lost any weight in a couple months. I don't think the fact I've been on bed rest for the past month has helped either. Would someone be able to look at my food diary and tell me if I am doing something wrong? I've been trying to stagger my calories so my weekely calories even out to about 1200 calories a day, this is why some days are low and some are high.

Replies

• angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to stagger my calories so my weekely calories even out to about 1200 calories a day, this is why some days are low and some are high.

Actually, that's your problem right there. That works if your lowest day is still over 1200...but when you dip below you signal your body to store store store...then you eat a higher day and it stores it all!

I would even it back out to 12-1300 a day and see what happens. You might go up for a week, but I bet it comes back down after that.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I've been trying to stagger my calories so my weekely calories even out to about 1200 calories a day, this is why some days are low and some are high.

Actually, that's your problem right there. That works if your lowest day is still over 1200...but when you dip below you signal your body to store store store...then you eat a higher day and it stores it all!

I would even it back out to 12-1300 a day and see what happens. You might go up for a week, but I bet it comes back down after that.

Thanks. Never thought of it that way. I figured if it evened out to 1200 a day I'd be fine. I'll knock it all back up.
  • angiered
    Options
    Now that I've looked closer.....lol

It's gotta be that. A day here and there under 1200 is not such a big deal...but multiple days with 3-400 calories left will definitely mess with you.

I think the instict, if you're on bed rest, is to cut your calories drastically, but that's actually counter productive. Your metabolism is already slowing because you're being still, so cutting them so sharply just encourages that slowing process. Hibernation, if you will.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    When I look at your food diary I don't see you eating a lot of fruits and veggies but I do see a lot of refined carbs. Instead of refined carbs...look for whole grains. Eat more fruits and veggies.

My nutritionist told me to eat 5 - 6 meals a day. When I started that, the weight dropped off more
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    The only thing i can tell u that would help u LOSE weight still is to quit the sugar. If u replaced that cake or twix bar with fruits and grains and veggies, u would drop weight so quick u have no idea. Sugar stores into fat, especially if ur on bedrest. And i agree with everyone not to go under 1200 calories.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I look at your food diary I don't see you eating a lot of fruits and veggies but I do see a lot of refined carbs. Instead of refined carbs...look for whole grains. Eat more fruits and veggies.

My nutritionist told me to eat 5 - 6 meals a day. When I started that, the weight dropped off more

I agree. Eating two bagels for breakfast will do a number on your insulin levels, putting your body into a 'storage' mode. Less cake and candy, too. You're only eating 1200 calories a day--make them worth something.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    So I changed the cake out for a fruit smoothie and the bread I use for my sandwhich is whole grain but I will also change out my morning bagel for a whole grain one. Would this be better? Everyday is also been bumped up to 1220-1225 calories.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    So I changed the cake out for a fruit smoothie and the bread I use for my sandwhich is whole grain but I will also change out my morning bagel for a whole grain one. Would this be better? Everyday is also been bumped up to 1220-1225 calories.

Starting from tomorrow and going to next wednseday does it look better? thanks for the advice everyone!
  • angiered
    Options
    Looks better. :) You might try to get some protein in at breakfast...that's about all I can think of though. :)
  • tscotty
    Options
    HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

ok. I'm EXTREMELY craving food. ALL THE TIME. I get hungry every 2 hours!!! I'm having trouble keeping within my calories. When I work out, it is easier to stay within, but I guess I'm addicted to carbs and sugar, so its very, very hard for me to eat better. Any ideas on how to cut the cravings?? :explode:

Ever since I started dieting, all I do is gain weight... :cry: 7 pounds and counting...