29, from NC hoping to lose 80lbs, in need of friends!

Options
Hello all, I've been on myfitnesspal for about 4 weeks, I've lost 10lbs so far, so only 70 more to go. I'm losing in hopes it will help in my efforts to get pregnant. Sounds silly lose weight so you can gain more while being pregnant. Anyway, married for 3 years, I work in daycare, I've been overweight/obese my entire life...well at least since 2nd grade, that's when I remember starting to be bigger than all of my friends. I'm 5'9, 232lbs as of this morning. Anyway, I'm looking for friends so I can stay motivated.

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    hi and welcome!! im always looking forward to making new friends..feel free to add me!
  • Joy150
    Joy150 Posts: 10
    Options
    Friend request sent. I'm looking to lose weight to have a baby too! It does sound hilarious, lol!
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Hey! I am 22 (almost 23) and I also live in NC. I am also 5'9" and I have about 70 pounds to lose as well. My goal weight is only 180 though. Anyways, I would love to be friends on here to help motivate each other! What part of NC are you from?
  • taramartin1010
    taramartin1010 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I live near Mt. Airy, which is close to the VA border. About 1 hour northwest of Winston Salem.
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    I live near Mt. Airy, which is close to the VA border. About 1 hour northwest of Winston Salem.

I know exactly where that is! I live north of Greensboro. I am about an 45min to an hour from Danville Va.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Taramartin101 and Dorzrzz, I'm also in NC and around your heights. I'm in Fayetteville/Eastover and have similar goal weights to you both. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
    Jackie
  • Hryan722
    Hryan722 Posts: 3
    Options
    hI! I'm in NC as well, close to Fayetteville. I know how you feel... at one time I was about your same weight but i'm pint sized, 5'0" so it looked like it was more... I was in a size 24 for a long time. Then I got pregnant with my third child (yeah, that's where some of the weight came from, but I didn't do anything to get rid of it afterward...) I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I lost over 50 lbs from breastfeeding which is a great way to do it... I am now close to my "perfect" size, only about 14 lbs to go and i'll be moved from the "obese" to the "healthy' category. Can't wait! It's tough but you can do it! A favorite quote of mine for alot of circumstances is "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" Good luck!
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I know exactly where that is! I live north of Greensboro. I am about an 45min to an hour from Danville Va.

Nice areas! I used to live in Eden! Live in Seattle now though.
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I'm 29 also, and although I don't work at a daycare I used to be a nanny and still do a ton of babysitting while I'm in grad school. Kids can be a great workout :) Not quite enough to meet big goals, but at least we're not sedentary. Friend request coming your way.
  • DeepBreaths
    DeepBreaths Posts: 39
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we are pretty much in the same boat!
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    add me too! :) good luck
  • darcie81
    darcie81 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i sent you a request.... hope you have a wonderful day!! ;0)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • TheRealAimee
    Options
    I'm from NC too, but I live in Texas now. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    add me...i live in NC also :-)
  • tblank0126
    tblank0126 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It does sound funny, but having children is so worth it!! I am new in a sense to MFP, signed up before but did not keep with it. I am praying that this time I stick with it and lose the much needed weight I need to lose! Supports are a definite plus!! Would love to establish a group of friends on here to support and also keep me accountable!!
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I live in Mt Airy!!! Sending request. I too am 5'9 and weigh in the 230's.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You can add me if you want. I am 29 years old (big 30 in July), 5'0 and weight 187 lbs as of last week. I just joined MFP this week so its only been a few days for me.

Good luck and great job on the first 10 lbs!
  • VP56
    VP56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me