Hello

Options
I am new not only to this forum but to any online forum. I have become so discouraged with myself and I feel like I have given up hope! I was 140 a year ago, got pregnant and gained entirely too much weight! At Christmas I was 178 and decided to go on a diet. I lost 12 pounds and was ecstatic but am now back up to 179! I feel that having a place that I can report to will help me a lot! So, day one!

Replies

• mawiggins
    mawiggins Posts: 20
    Options
    I am new not only to this forum but to any online forum. I have become so discouraged with myself and I feel like I have given up hope! I was 140 a year ago, got pregnant and gained entirely too much weight! At Christmas I was 178 and decided to go on a diet. I lost 12 pounds and was ecstatic but am now back up to 179! I feel that having a place that I can report to will help me a lot! So, day one!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth. I want to encourage you. A friend told me recently, just maintain the weight you are, don't let it go higher. If I had done that I would still weigh 140 instead of 200. I had 5 wonderful children and gained 10 pounds per child that I just didn't have the willpower to lose. I had no trouble losing the baby weight, but after my children weaned themselves after about a year, my eating didn't slow down. That's when I gained the weight.

You are doing the most rewarding thing in the world (in my mind anyway), that of nurturing a young child. Try to find a diet that isn't a starvation diet. Don't go too many hours without eating a healthy snack, and you should be getting plenty of exercise just chasing around that little one! But if not, children love walks!
  • mawiggins
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! My son definitely loves his walks...we just moved to Texas from California and we are still dealing with all the stresses leftover from that on top of a new baby! I think the weight just adds an extra brick.

Thanks,
    Amanda
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are welcome here. Just check out my 2 cents on fitness here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10357-common-sense-fitness

And if you ever feel like giving up leave your post here. We are here to support each other. Losing weight is one of toughest thing in world. No question about it. We will try to make it easy. I have one important suggestion for you. Whatever you eat, even that jumbo double racked cheese burger, do add to your daily food diary.

Goodluck
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hi and welcome:flowerforyou:
    I'm Mary tomorrow I'm starting week 3 on mfp I love it here and I have already lost 8 lbs.
    I had a baby 9 months ago and thought it was time to get in shape:happy:

Good luck:drinker:
  • beep
    Options
    We're in Texas too! Kingwood, Houston area.
  • mawiggins
    Options
    Austin for me, my husband just seperated from the military and we were in California for 3 years and North Dakota for 4. So happy to be back in Texas!
  • beep
    Options
    This is funny.... just caught the californi, north dakota connection. I was born in Fargo, and grew up in Ventura County, CA!