Im not getting full today

Options
Today I have had a BIG appetite. I dont understand why. I went to the gym and did cardi for about 25 minutes and did abs and lifted...but I was soooo tired I had to leave early.

Now...I am just really hungry even after I eat a ton!

Whats going on? how can I help this?

Replies

• roshong06
    Options
    I wish I could tell you, I feel like I am starving everytime I work out. No matter what I eat, If I work out, I am ravished. If you find the answer to that million dollar question, please inform me!!!

Good luck to you!
  • kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think it is related to a full moon, the tides and oceanic water currents or something.. CAUSE, I AM FRIKKIN STARVING TODAY TOO!@!!

Gum, peppermints, crap load of water... nothing has curved it...

GRRRRRROoooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllliiiiiiingggggg Tummy!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I think on rare occassions you just have to eat that comfort food. I been so full I can hardly bulge, but not satisfied and still craving--then that small amount of food satisfies me. 100 cal pop corn can do it.

good luck
  • dawnricketson
    Options
    :frown: Funny, I have been starving all day long too!! Must be in the air or water. I think I am giving up and going to bed so that I don't have to think about it anymore. Maybe if I just go to sleep I won't be hungry anymore. I sure hope I don't wake up hungry. I don't want to have to sleep my life away. :laugh:
  • JNC87
    JNC87 Posts: 16
    Options
    have u ever tried having a protein shake after u work out or anytime during the day? I find that really helps to keep me full and it helps build lean muscle.
  • horndave
    Options
    Have to agree with JNC, having a post workout drink with some protein helps a great deal.
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    I go through cycles when it comes to my appetite.

Like if i work out really hard one day I won't be hungry that day but then i'll be STARVINGGG the next 2, and then eat more and then am full for the next 2-3 and eat less. Its a vicious cycle! haha
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    If you're hungry (your tummy is growling and the hunger is affecting your workout efficiency) and not just craving food, EAT FOOD! Do not deny your body what it wants. If it's hungry it's your body's way of telling you you need FUEL, there's no reason not to feed it as long as you're feeding it nourishing stuff. It's a good idea to eat post-workout btw. Also what you eat can have an effect on how fast one gets hungry too (a balanced meal is better than a carb-heavy meal for instance). Most days I eat 5-6 times a day with most of the calories in the morning and afternoon and I find I do not get hungry this way unless I'm eating too few calories overall.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Try to eat some lean protein after ur workout, like some fish or chicken with some greens or like someone else said a protein shake, u need protein after u workout to help rebuild ur muscles.
  • alicnc
    Options
    One of my favorite things post work out is a peanut butter and banana sandwich (on toasted bread). You get such a good mix of carbs and protein, and also the potassium. That I find fills me up and is kind of comfort food like.
  • soup! it fills you up, low carb and very sactisfied.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I found that problem was solved by eating every 3 hours and making sure to eat within 1.5 hours of working out. I like the banana/pb/whole grain bread or yogurt with nuts.....

Also, I was having these days were all I wanted to do was eat, eat, eat. Someone said to add a tablespoon of EVOO to my salad (had been using spritz with no oil)

BANG>.........no longer hungry and started losing again.

Our bodies are strange and mysterious.:drinker:
  • kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good advice JNC.... Love ISOPURE Low Carb protein shakes... DUTCH CHOCOLATE ...yummy, and kills my sweet cravings... I do this after a good workout....

What is EVOO?
  • greeneyes12273
    Options
    [
    What is EVOO?
    [/quote]

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :) I will try the protein shakes and the EVOO
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil :smile:

I definitely think that if you were exhaused during your workout and you are starving, then it sounds like your body needs some fuel!