Any other women that struggle with PCOS?

Options
Hi guys. c:
I'm a young woman who struggles with Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome. I "inherited" it from my mother, who had already been struggling herself for about 10 years. I was diagnosed about two years ago, and have had a...fun time getting used to it.

I know that PCOS is becoming more common, but I don't know many other women who have it. I'd really like to befriend some other women who are struggling with the same thing I am. And anyone else who would like to be friends, that would be awesome!

I am into healthy, positive weight loss and fitness. :)!

Replies

• IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yup, I do and I really hate it :( I havent been properly diagnosed, but I exhibit all of the signs and have had Drs saying they believe I have it.

I have sent you a friend request :)
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I too have the signs of PCOS. I always knew something was a little off and I finally went to my ob-gyn last year to get myself tested. From what she told me I don't have full blown PCOS, but am on the edge to be insulin resistant, One of the reasons I decided I needed to make a change
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    Hi, I have PCOS too, you can add me if you like. I'm always looking for more people for support with this horrible affliction!
  • Ldavies85
    Ldavies85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. I was diagnosed with it about 6 years ago. I've been able to have success before in weight loss by treating it with metformin to regulate the insulin rejection. But without exercise and a proper diet it's a pretty nasty disorder that causes more problems and more weight gain when you gain more weight.

My OBGYN has said that you can pretty much reverse the symptoms if you maintain a healthy weight. I'm 36 lbs down, but I have about 90 more to go. :/
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed when I was in high school. I was on metformin for a few years but have since been put on birth control and that has helped regulate everything and helped with many of the symptoms. My weight has still always been an issue though.

Feel free to add me! :-)
  • PurpleCherry00
    PurpleCherry00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have pcos. weight loss is a bum -.-. VERY irregular periods, acne, hair gain on chin etc etc etc.

currently trying to lose weight to have a baby

feel free to add me :smile: