New Mommy trying to get back on track - meal ideas!

Options
cccathyyy
cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
Anyone have some quick and easy meal ideas for a new mommy to make? Trying to get back on track and my post pregnancy brain is BLANK. Thanks for any suggestions! :)

Replies

• TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    OK...I am NOT a great cook and I do not like cooking. I have 6 kids (5 males) SOOOO...I have to cook a lot. I have some meals on my Blog page that works for my family. They are high protein/low-mid carb range. Super easy and they tastes good.

So, I put the URL on my profile page. You can go there and see if anything interests you. I will keep updating as I find new recipes that works for our family.

Congrats on your new baby!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Stuffed Green Peppers
    1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey (uncooked)
    5-6 bell peppers (or enough to fit your oval size crock pot)
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1 can flavored diced tomatoes, drained (if you don’t have flavored just add more Italian seasoning)
    1 small onion diced
    1 28 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    2 TBS ketchup
    1 tsp black pepper
    ¼ tsp garlic powder
    1 -2 tsp Italian seasoning
    Salt to taste (does need salt- I add 1-2 TBS)
    In bowl mix the ground meat with all ingredients, except peppers and pasta sauce. Wash and clean out the peppers- save the tops.
    Stuff each pepper with a good amount of the meat and rice mixture
    Nestle the peppers in crock pot and put the tops back on the peppers
    Pour pasta sauce around the bases of the peppers
    Cook on low 6-8 hrs.
    *note- I also add other seasonings if I have on hand- Emeril’s etc… I have found that you do need to add a bit of salt to the mixture also. You DO NOT need to precook your meat, and no it will not be greasy (I use turkey.)
  • mgraue82
    Options
    Here is another YUMMY and EASY one we just had this past week...

Chicken Enchiladas

*This can be done the night before if it's easier.*
    Set one frozen boneless skinless chicken breast in a smaller crock pot, with a cup and a half of salsa poured over the top on high for 3-4 hours. Once done take out and place in a bowl and shred with fork - next add juices and salsa to bowl and mix. Set aside.

1 C. Instant Brown Rice (cooked)
    1 1/4 C. Shredded Cheese
    1 can Enchilada Sauce (not the tiny can but the next size up - sorry I can't remember the oz)
    1 pkg tortillas (you will use between 7 and 8)

Preheat oven to 375. Take bowl with shredded meat and add cooked rice and 1 C. shredded cheese, and 1/4 - 1/2 can of enchilada sauce - mix until completely mixed. Take 9x13 pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray - next lay a tortilla flat and spread some of the meat mixture down the middle - roll tortilla and place in 9x13 pan seam side down - repeat tortilla filling until pan is filled with rolled enchiladas - next pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas - next sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top and bake until nice and brown - the enchilada sauce can will say like 20 mins but I did mine longer because they didn't look like they were browned enough after 20 mins.

ENJOY! We top ours with shredded lettuce, lite sour cream, more salsa - you name it! They are so good! Use whatever variation of "lightness" you want for tortillas and cheese as well to lower the calories even more.
  • mgraue82
    Options
    Here is another YUMMY and EASY one we just had this past week...

Chicken Enchiladas

*This can be done the night before if it's easier.*
    Set one frozen boneless skinless chicken breast in a smaller crock pot, with a cup and a half of salsa poured over the top on high for 3-4 hours. Once done take out and place in a bowl and shred with fork - next add juices and salsa to bowl and mix. Set aside.

1 C. Instant Brown Rice (cooked)
    1 1/4 C. Shredded Cheese
    1 can Enchilada Sauce (not the tiny can but the next size up - sorry I can't remember the oz)
    1 pkg tortillas (you will use between 7 and 8)

Preheat oven to 375. Take bowl with shredded meat and add cooked rice and 1 C. shredded cheese, and 1/4 - 1/2 can of enchilada sauce - mix until completely mixed. Take 9x13 pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray - next lay a tortilla flat and spread some of the meat mixture down the middle - roll tortilla and place in 9x13 pan seam side down - repeat tortilla filling until pan is filled with rolled enchiladas - next pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas - next sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top and bake until nice and brown - the enchilada sauce can will say like 20 mins but I did mine longer because they didn't look like they were browned enough after 20 mins.

ENJOY! We top ours with shredded lettuce, lite sour cream, more salsa - you name it! They are so good! Use whatever variation of "lightness" you want for tortillas and cheese as well to lower the calories even more.

sorry after re-reading I noticed I didn't say "add juices and salsa from crockpot to shredded chicken"
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!