Looking for fellow female lifting buddies

Options
13»

Replies

• cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm using Tom Venuto's plan as outlined in The Body Fat Solution. I've read New Rules of Weightlifiting for Women (great book), but Tom's was the one I liked best for me. Both are sound plans, though.

I lift M,W,F. Some sort of cardio every day in between and light cardio on lifting days just for fun.
    I cycle between 2 semi-full-body split superset workouts. This is what I'm doing now:

Workout A:
    Squats
    Bird dog
    Split squat/static lunge
    Row
    Bench Press
    Planks
    Calf raise

Workout B:
    Romanian dead lift
    shoulder press
    one-legged hip extensions
    pullover
    reverse crunch
    cross-knee crunch
    bicep curls
    tricep extensions

There's also a preconditioning phase for beginners. I like weightlifting friends, too. Feel free to add me. :)

(edit: I forgot to add that I use dumbbells.)
  • mrsrood
    mrsrood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 5'8' 173 pounds looking to get to 150 or be in the mid range body fat %. I lift heavy once or twice a week and then do a body pump class as well as some body weight resistance stuff.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :)

I'm currently on a modified version (by me) of this program:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lindsay-kaye-muscle-building-program.html

I've been lifting for a little less than 1 year.
    I did the Jamie Eason 12 week trainer and NROLW in the past. I've also tried Vanessa Tib's workout but after 4 weeks decided to switch to this. Will find another program in a few weeks to keep my body guessing as well :)

I usually lift 4-5x a week (5th day is usually a 'mini' workout for some additional abs & glutes exercices) and do cardio a few times (between 1-3x) as well.
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Feell free to add me too! I weight lift 3 times a week on my own no real program but will be starting "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" next week or so.

7628060.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I started lifting in Feb. I've been following my trainer's instruction. Looking to transition to New Rules. (My trainer is expensive!)

I just posted to my wall that I'm struggling with what I should do with my calories, because my cutting has gone pretty slowly. However, I'm hypothyroid and my metabolism sucks... What to do, what to do...

Anyhoo, I'm up for friends who are lifting, male or female.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    im using body pump... add me :wink:
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've also lost interest in cardio. I do cardio on my lifting days, to warm up and burn fat afterwards, but I LOVE lifting. HEAVY lifting.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm here

36F,5'4"

Just started lifting in the last couple of weeks. I'm doing NROLW.
    Looking at getting my overall %BF down from 35% (boo)
    I ligt three times a week and do some interval training or jogging for the cardio during the week, weekends I try to do hiking.

I'm up for more friends if you would like to add me.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am happy for friend requests from anyone who wants to add me, it's always nice to have more weight training friends. I lift 2-3 times a week, full body, currently moved to a 5x5 type programme as a basic, I cycle 5 days a week and am also dabbling with some crossfit WOD's and the skills that go with them.
    As for diet etc, broadly maintaining but with slight focus on leaning out at the moment for the summer, then planning to bulk and gain muscle in autumn. I tend to carb and calorie cycle to some extent also.
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options

Anyhoo, I'm up for friends who are lifting, male or female.

I suppose I shouldn't have excluded guys with my thread title - I'd love to have male lifting buddies too! It's just nice to talk about this stuff with other women ;)

If you're a dude reading this and like to lift, add away!
  • s00sh
    Options
    I am happy for friend requests from anyone who wants to add me, it's always nice to have more weight training friends. I lift 2-3 times a week, full body, currently moved to a 5x5 type programme as a basic, I cycle 5 days a week and am also dabbling with some crossfit WOD's and the skills that go with them.
    As for diet etc, broadly maintaining but with slight focus on leaning out at the moment for the summer, then planning to bulk and gain muscle in autumn. I tend to carb and calorie cycle to some extent also.

your profile pic is rad :)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

your profile pic is rad :)

Thanks, yeah my 'diet' involves alcohol too :-)
  • s00sh
    Options
    i think it's about time for a bump

add me, lifting buddies :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting heavy for awhile and always been into lifting the last 10 years or so. I stopped for a few years due to a move and then trying to have a baby. Today after exceeding my goal weight loss I've decided to up my cals to TDEE + 125-200 cals to help build some more muscle mass. Im hoping to keep my BF% right where it's at but with more LBM. Now that I'm at my UGW I'm not totally comfortable here. Love ladies with muscle! I do my own programs; I've been around the block enough to know what to do and have trained with some amazing fitness competitors in the past.

Edit: I graduate C25K for the second time next week and will start the Bridge to 10K as part of my 1/2 marathon training. I'm cutting down my HIIT cardio sessions as well from 3 per week to once or twice.