A little child shall lead them...REALLY?????

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
My slim & trim handsome hubby surprised everyone with a box of Dunkin' Donuts this morning :huh:

:smokin: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :indifferent: :indifferent: :devil: :indifferent::indifferent: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :smokin:

I said to myself, hmmmmm...I haven't had a doughnut since BEFORE January of this year..I'll have one. As I was coming to get one, my teenage daughter said.."Thank you Daddy for the donuts, but I'm going to take a pass and have some fruit instead"

:glasses:

After hearing that chica (who used to LOVE sweets and goodies before I started my new lifestyle) and who was starting to
get kinda, ummmm....let's say, "chunky/thick/overweight" but who now looks beyond fabulous--not skinny nor fat but PERFECT size) when I heard that little arrow/lamb say that...I said "me too, I'll take a pass and had a yummy organic pink grapefruit instead with my wise and cool baby/young lady.

The other stick skinny children were thrilled at our pass and gobbled them up. I'm so PROUD of my family, everyone of them from generous skinny daddy to the other/ALL of our lovely children and especially my baby that was a HUGE example to/for me today. This is a big ole NSV for me and her. Wow...talk about impressive--kids ROCK!!!!!:heart:

Replies

• macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Not only is your journey helping you, but you are really role modelling and your kidlets are following....
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That was a fabulous moment!! Really happy you shared!
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is a great story. It definately shows a parents influence. Thanks for sharing!
  • newday332
    newday332 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Definitely proud of your Teenager! And yea, of you too :smile:
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Awww.... bless her. What a great example you must be for her to have changed her life with you. xx
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful, you must be setting an incredible example for her. Way to go :happy:
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What a great way to see the healthy lifestyle in action! So proud of both of y'all!
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm proud of both of you!!! :happy:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    My slim & trim handsome hubby surprised everyone with a box of Dunkin' Donuts this morning :huh:

I said to myself, hmmmmm...I haven't had a doughnut since BEFORE January of this year..I'll have one. As I was coming to get one, my teenage daughter said.."Thank you Daddy for the donuts, but I'm going to take a pass and have some fruit instead"
    :glasses:
    After hearing that chica (who used to LOVE sweets and goodies before I started my new lifestyle) and who was starting to
    get kinda, ummmm....let's say, "chunky/thick/overweight" but who now looks beyond fabulous--not skinny nor fat but PERFECT size) when I heard that little arrow/lamb say that...I said "me too, I'll take a pass and had a yummy organic pink grapefruit instead with my wise and cool baby/young lady.

That is absolutely FABULOUS! Big high fives to ALL of you!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :)
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    This is amazing. I love how she has learnt by your example and is eating healthily. It is a great thing to teach her, and her teach you! Love it :)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    What a great girl! And a great Mommy for setting such a wonderful example! That's awesome!
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Never thought your life style change would have an effect on the kids, did ya? that is awesome!!!

very inspirational and should give everyone an even more important reasons to support a healthy life style.. the influence it has on the little ones!!!
  • sheschemes
    sheschemes Posts: 67
    Options
    That's fantastic! My moment like that was when the kid accepted the fact that we weren't keeping ice cream in the house anymore. His dad & I are trying to make better choices, and it's easier if the temptation for ice cream involves driving to the store.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Glad to see your beloved show you mom this is how it's done :) Guess what? Shame on me , but just got back from the Kosher market and got my kids some donuts for Shabbat :( Now I guess I must take your beloveds advice and stop buying junk for my sweets. Love you achoti, todah for sharing. Shalom
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Glad to see your beloved show you mom this is how it's done :) Guess what? Shame on me , but just got back from the Kosher market and got my kids some donuts for Shabbat :( Now I guess I must take your beloveds advice and stop buying junk for my sweets. Love you achoti, todah for sharing. Shalom

Shalom Mishpacha:heart:

Everyone is different and what's good for some may or may not be good for others (food & life choices in general). So, where some folk can get down on doughnuts and stuff--good for them. For me (and one of my daughters--cause the other children are as skinny as all get out), the choice of that pink grapefruit was a good one (naw...make that FABULOUS one) for us two--whereas the other people/my other children and hubby, it was fine. It's rare that we have that stuff now (since my lifestyle change started January 2012) and where-as Daddy used to bring home "goodies/baddies" like that ALL the time before my lifestyle change--and those type of "treats" was a major contributing factor to my getting :indifferent: FAT & unhealthy:sick: , he hasn't done that in a long time. There was absolutely NO condemnation to/for daddy or the other children who chose to get down on the doughnuts, but for me and my little homey:heart: ...not so much. Could we have had that doughnut? SURE!!!!! But we (okay my daughter) when she said No, thanks (totally graciously, no judgment/condemnation nor any such yuck), when I heard her do that--in such a wise/mature/PERFECT spirit/way...I followed that baby and I'm GLAD I did.

Love you!!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I want to THANK :heart: YOU ALL :heart: for your encouraging, inspirational and beautiful replies...you guys ROCK too:flowerforyou:
  • gracey2521
    gracey2521 Posts: 72
    Options
    That is awesome! Not only because you made the right choice for yourself, but because you are setting such a good example for your children. You get the "Awesome Mom" award!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    That is awesome! Not only because you made the right choice for yourself, but because you are setting such a good example for your children. You get the "Awesome Mom" award!

WOW!!!! That's nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!