Awesome Journey & Feeling great About Lifestyle Change!

Options
sajar_06
sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
Hey,
I am 49 years old and mother of one special needs son. He is 23 years old now. I wanted to share with you this amazing journey. I have been working on my weight all my life. I started this journey at 247 pounds and I could not walk 90 feet to the mailbox without having to rest. I was unhealthy and unhappy with myself; also ashamed of how I had just let myself go. I have a thyroid condition along with several other major issues with my health and body. I was told by my doctor if I did not do something to get healthy and in better shape I would not last 3 years. I saw the show Biggest Loser at the request of a friend and thought okay this is just another diet and even though I watched the show I was still unsure of it. Then I decided to keep watching. I thought well what can it hurt the most that can happen is nothing like all the other diets that I had tried and lost the weight and regained it back with more added to the total. Then I ask my friend to help and she was glad to assist me and support me. I started eating the healthy foods and exercising as much as possible. Soon I realize the scales were showing a difference and I was getting stronger because I could do more. I have continued to work hard at it with the support of my friend and the support of the online message board that is set up. After 17 months; I have finally reached my goal weight of 107 pounds and I am pleased to say that I have truly changed my life around. This has been a journey worth all of it's trials and triumphs . I have lost a total of 140 pounds and I am in better shape not only physical but mental as well. I have over came some obstacles that I thought I would never. I learned how to manage my life and make better choices for myself. Though the road is tough it is worth every mile and every tear that may be shed along it's path. The milestones that we over come teaches us new lessons and how to over come life's unexpected turns and twist. I never will go back to what or who I was before this journey. I may have came through with a few battle scars but victory is mine for the taking and I am worth it. This is just the beginning to a new improved me an I hope to be able to share this experience with others that may travel along the paths to find a better life for themselves and be all that they can be. This truly is not a diet it is a complete lifestyle change and the transformation is just a bonus at the end. Thanks so much to all that have been there for me and for the support they have given me along the way for me to become a better me. I want each of you to know and to remember this YOU CAN DO THIS!! KEEP PUSHING FORWARDS!!
Thanks Everyone,
God Bless,
Brenda (nucond)

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    wow... congratulations! It is always great to hear success stories!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: that is so great stay gooddddddddd.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Woweeee! Awesome is right! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What a great & inspiring story..... thanks for sharing!
    Congratulations and keep on trucking baby! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    congratulations...!!!!your such an inspiration to everyone
    . I'm so happy for you and wish you all the best. :flowerforyou:
  • cstang
    Options
    You are awesome!!! You are so worth it and then some! Congrats to you and thanks for sharing your story:heart:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I'm sure you will inspire so many! Great job :happy: :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic post! You have done an amazing job and you look wonderful! God bless you Brenda and thanks for sharing your story. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • melkay40
    Options
    Congratulations. You are truly an inspiration to us all.:smile:
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • threeupthreedown
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
    YOU totally rock!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • nina107c
    Options
    Great job. That's wonderful, as well as motivation for people like me who are new to MFP.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Brenda,
    Thank you for sharing - I'm particularly touched and inspired by your confidence and your internal transformation - it's been as powerful as the external one, I'm sure. Sometimes I wonder if old habits will creep back if I'm not vigilant, but there's really no reason or need for them to - if I'm really doing work on the inside too. Thanks .... it's so great to hear your accomplishment and perspective!
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. I greatly appreciate all of you and I am cheering everyone on their journey. Always remember you can do this and you are worth it. God Bless, Brenda :happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Beautifully said. God bless you.

:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!