Recommend an Exercise Mat (Tiled floor)?

Options
I'm going to be ordering some an Exercise mat, probably from amazon.co.uk. Right now I just want it for straightforward floor exercise like push-ups, some stretches, but I might move on to some of beachbody.com's programs like power90, p90x, insanity in the future.

Anyway I'm a bit confused as just about all the ones I've looked at seem to get very mixed reviews.

Also though totally different - I'm looking to buy some body fat calipers if anyone can recommend some?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have a Jade brand yoga mat that I use for pretty much everything (not just yoga). It gives a lot of cushion on my hardwoods. I love it and it is crazy durable!
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a Jade brand yoga mat that I use for pretty much everything (not just yoga). It gives a lot of cushion on my hardwoods. I love it and it is crazy durable!

Thanks for the reply. Looks like Jade brand is not available in European outlets. Well at least not on amazon.co.uk or ebay.co.uk. :sad:
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have you had a look in Jumbo?
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have an interlocking foam puzzle mat that I got on sale. It's meant for a kid's play area, but it's great. It was inexpensive,and it covers a large area. Because the foam pieces are interlocking, I was able to customize it to my workout space. For exercises done on the floor, I use a regular old yoga mat on top of it.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have an interlocking foam puzzle mat that I got on sale. It's meant for a kid's play area, but it's great. It was inexpensive,and it covers a large area. Because the foam pieces are interlocking, I was able to customize it to my workout space. For exercises done on the floor, I use a regular old yoga mat on top of it.

this^^
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options

this^^
    ^agree^
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have a lotus pad that's great.
  • bazfitness
    Options

Nope. Not one close to me actually :(.

Thanks folks for the heads up on the interlocking foam puzzle mat. Will this work if I start doing more vigorous exercise as some of the reviews I've seen on these said they'll move if you do.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Nope. Not one close to me actually :(.

Thanks folks for the heads up on the interlocking foam puzzle mat. Will this work if I start doing more vigorous exercise as some of the reviews I've seen on these said they'll move if you do.

Mine has the front legs of a couch sitting on one end, so there is weight on it. My BIL has dumbbells sitting on the edge of the one he uses. I have never used it without something heavy on it, so I'm not sure. I have done Insanity and P90X workouts on it without an issue.
  • bazfitness
    Options
    Mine has the front legs of a couch sitting on one end, so there is weight on it. My BIL has dumbbells sitting on the edge of the one he uses. I have never used it without something heavy on it, so I'm not sure. I have done Insanity and P90X workouts on it without an issue.

Cool. At least there is a simple enough option to keep it secure then. Thanks. :smile: