Trying a different technique

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Lisa and I just joined today. I'm hoping to lose 25 lbs. I'm a quick fixer kind of person, so I hope I can do this...and stick to it. I've tried all sorts of things...but get bored really easily with it. I am really self conscience of my big time belly flab that I have going. I havent had that in quite some time. I was working out daily doing an elliptical for an hour a day 5 days a week...but I got a part time job, and a teen who plays sports so I havent been to the gym in 3 weeks. So...I'm really upset about this belly thing. UGH! I am taking Acai Berry pills too...as a trial, so we will see how this all goes. But the belly fat...its THE most bothersome. I've got to get rid of it. Any advice is helpful. I also had a question. Its really hard to stay within your range of protein on here...especially when you have a lot of calories left. What is up with that?

Replies

• levans71
    Options
    Hey...where is my ticker.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Its ok if you go over on your protein, the settings are low on mfp so don't worry ... good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • goodinmeek
    Options
    272008.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

You have to paste your ticker in each time? :frown:
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    No, you don't have to paste it each time.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    272008.png

You have to paste your ticker in each time? :frown:
    no you dont ...... go to your home page setting and add it to the signature forum
  • goodinmeek
    Options
    272008.png

Hello, and welcome! The main thing is to stay within your calorie goal if you want to lose weight. If your goal is something else...you want to pay more attention to the nutrition stuff. Maybe when I get some of this flab off I will think about looking at the nutrition! :happy:

Protein is higher in calories, so you will need to watch it just to stay within your calorie goals. If you are really wanting to lose fast, you may want to push your calorie goal down a bit so that you can lose 2-3 lbs. a week instead of 1-2.

Two ideas that are working for me...and nothing has worked for me in years!! Right-size smoothies are very filling (even I don't get hungry for at least 3 hours!) and they only have 200 calories. This means I get to have a "normal lunch"...not fries and burgers, but not celery sticks, either!

Lowfat dairy has been shown to help "shrink" your belly. 3 servings of lowfat dairy each day and you will note the difference very quickly.

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • goodinmeek
    Options
    so how do I get it to come up without pasting?
  • nursenella
    Options
    Good Luck!! Take it one day at a time and you will do fine.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    so how do I get it to come up without pasting?
    go to the home page ..... click on setting .... and paste it in your signature forum
  • levans71
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its so funny because I stayed on the diet to a T yesterday...and this morning I got on the scale and I was 2lbs lighter. However...I do know that is not a true reading, It will flexuate I know. :)

Oh...I will try the ticker thing.
  • levans71
    Options
    274428.png

Well...I had to copy and paste this one anyway.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: