4 Weeks in, no weight lost.

Options
I've been using MFP for almost a full month now. I've been tracking diligently and haven't missed any days. I'm trying to lose my last 20lbs, but I just can't seem to shed them. I've been under my calorie goals, working out several times per week and eating balanced.

I am looking for some advice and help here as I am starting to get a bit frustrated.
Thanks

Replies

• Mirandas5bgirls
    Mirandas5bgirls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, I was running everyday for 5 weeks and was not losing weight. I found it was in my eating, so I did a body cleanser using 5 Oranges daily, eating green raw veggies and chicken breast and lots of water. That helped break it after 3 days and I began losing weight again on my 1200 calories per day.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    How much chicken did you eat per day?

Exactly. I am working out with Rushfit every 2-3 days and running every other day. I am running HARD so it could be water weight... but I don't think so. Not after a month.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too. It's very common. There are lots of posts about this. Be patient. I started losing inches immediately, but the pounds just recently.

Keep at it. They will shed off soon.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with this issue too. Almost for a month and a 1/2 I sat. Starting to lose again now. I'm eating more proteins and changing up my routine. Keep at it and don't give up it will happen.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump. havent lost in about a month and i go to gym 6 days a week. at 215lbs i should be LOSING!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You might want to check your sodium, I know for me, it's a killer. When I stray over the line (canned foods especially bad) I stall out - happens every time!
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What are you set to lose per week, and are those the last 20 lbs before your goal weight?
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I went 13 weeks and then again went 7 weeks with no loss. I began to watch my sodium at first thinking that it was water retention from sodium and this didnt work. But then I heard that sugars even if natural sugar can make you retain water so I began to watch sugar intake and immediately began to lose again. Within 5 days I lost 6 pounds. What I would recommend is do not let you sodium or your sugar go over what MFP allows you to have. The bad thing about this is I have to limit my fruits which I dearly love to keep it under. But even our veggies have some sugar in them so you have to watch carefully. Just try it cause it wont hurt a thing and within a few days you should be able to tell whether or not it is working for you.
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    By looking at your diary, you may need to eat more. You should be eating back your exercise calories or half of them anyways. Maybe try changing your workout routine. It does take time! Did you get your measurements when you first started? And measured since then? You may not see the numbers going down on the scale, but you will on the measuring tape:bigsmile: Good luck!
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking water? Gettig your water in really helps. Also sodium can be a killer, the water helps flush it out. I also noticed you eat a lot of fruit which is loaded with sugar. I know it is good sugar but you still need to watch it.
  • TracyLou0404
    TracyLou0404 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I stalled a few weeks ago too. After a lot of reading on these boards I decided to up my daily calorie goal from 1200 to 1500. I have consistently lost a pound every week since.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    How tall and how much do you weigh?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What are your stats (height, weight, age) and what do you do for exercise? I am 200 lbs, 5'11" and 29 years old and I eat 3000 calories a day to lose weight. I also do P90X2 and have 12% body fat. But even when I was at 18% body fat, I was eating 2600 calories. It's a good chance you are under eating causing your body to conserve. Below is a very good link that can tell you caloric needs.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Recalculate TDEE.

Some people have luck with ketogenic diets to lose the last stubborn lbs. It's up to you if that approach fits into your nutritional beliefs.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary I noticed something you could try that has helped me-> lowering your carb intake.

Under "my home" and then "goals", change your setting to carb 40%, fat 30%, protein 30%, and try to stick with that ratio. I have my setting at lose 1 pound a week and try to stick to those macronutrient ratios. I don't worry if I go over on protein and some days I do that on purpose.

Good luck
  • Jannelley87
    Options
    From what I've read, one will plateau because the body has gone into emergency starvation mode (not the technical term, btw). In other words, you are eating too little of calories and therefore your metabolism is slowing down. I have read several places that the resolution to this is to simply eat more (to rev up your metabolism to start burning energy)! This may seem counter-intuitive since we think that calories not consumed equals stored calories (i.e. body fat) burned. But, in fact, your starving your body and it's going through survival mode (unhealthy and dangerous). Read this article--it's crucial to understanding this concept http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/wbond/view/eat-more-lose-more-really-129327 !!
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    Sometimes you need to up your calories. I wasn't losing a thing on 1,200 for 3 weeks and upped it to 1,300 and really started to see results!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Have you lost inches? Those last few pounds are awful to lose. The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I have lost some inches even though my weight hasn't moved. But at this close to goal it isn't much. In the last few weeks I've lost 1/2" off my stomach and no weight at all. Given that I'm happy with my dimensions everywhere besides my waist and stomach I can live with that. I'm still thinking I need to lose about 5 or 10 more pounds but as I keep getting more toned the amount I think I need to lose gets smaller.
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I am 27 years old, 6' tall, 222 pounds. I run a few times per week and do weights (rushfit) other days.
    I was 380lbs in my teens and lost that weight doing Atkins but this time around I want to be healthy.

I am going to up my calories to jump start my metabolism and try eating back some of my workout calories as suggested.

I want this to work so I am willing to do whatever it takes.
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    Yes this is my last 20 or so. I want to be at 195-200. That's been a comfortable weight for me in the past.