RIP MCA of the Beastie Boys

Replies

• kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    So sad. a good guy friend and I used to always find each other at their concerts even when we used to live states apart. I am so sad.. :(
  • shanny72mc
    shanny72mc Posts: 11
    :sad: it's very sad
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    this really stinks :(
  • rcates2424
    rcates2424 Posts: 208
    That so sucks!!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    A total pisser! :brokenheart:
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    I once lost my strapless bra crowd surfing ** lol ** hahahaha some douche took it off of me.. anyway later on in the concert they held it up and .. * I got to go get my bra back. ;) Mike D handed it to me. on stage . ;)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    :cry: I've been blasting Hello Nasty all week, this is heartbreaking
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    What a sad, sad day :frown:
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Horrible....just horrible.....
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    He wasn't just a musician, he was a humanitarian and an activist and just an all around GOOD person who brought so many of us together. Love to MCA - quoting him: "all our love and respect to the end"

Here's an article if anyone wants to read more. He had been battling cancer for the last couple years, and the Beastie Boys cancelled their last tour for this reason.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-co-founder-adam-yauch-dead-at-48-20120504
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    RIP Adam. A truly talented artist and humanitarian. You will be missed.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Sucks :(
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    I'm just heartbroken. What an amazing guy. Love to his family who must be hurting so much.
  • helloflopsy
    helloflopsy Posts: 17
    Really really sad news :-(

I've been listening to this song since I heard the news. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rDklqPG5pU
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Big bummer..
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    This hit hard. Felt like a piece of my youth is gone.

RIP MCA!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    So sad...RIP MCA
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    how tragic...so much living to do and pioneered the way ahead to take hip hop from a stale stereotyped genre into something fresh and exciting.

RIP..
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    how tragic...so much living to do and pioneered the way ahead to take hip hop from a stale stereotyped genre into something fresh and exciting.

RIP..

well said...
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Super sad about this. He was too young to die. His death just emphasizes the fact that LIFE IS SHORT. CarpeDiem and keep working toward your health goals, everyone.