Feet hurt! Bad shoes? Help!

Options
cait0902
cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
I just started doing Jillian Michaels 30DS and when I do the lunges, sometimes the jumping jacks, and butt kicks, etc., the arches of my feet start to get really tight and hurt! Am I doing to moves wrong? Have bad shoes? Something wrong with my feet?? Help! I feel like this is preventing me from working as hard as I could.

Replies

• cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you doing it on a hard floor? I noticed when I did mine downstairs that my feet and my back were killing me, so I switched to my living room and watched the DVD on my computer that I could not only push myself farther and with no pain (other than her kicking my *kitten* of course lol).

Do keep in mind that I do mine barefoot. What can I say? I danced all through high school and most of college, so I like barefoot versus shoes!
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do it in the living room, on carpet, with tennis shoes. Hey! I danced in high school, too! I LOVED it, and wish I could have stuck with it but then life happened. Maybe I should try barefoot though, or buying a mat....
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do it in the living room, on carpet, with tennis shoes. Hey! I danced in high school, too! I LOVED it, and wish I could have stuck with it but then life happened. Maybe I should try barefoot though, or buying a mat....

Do you stand on your feet all day? I do retail, so my feet tend to ache depending on my feet and their sensitivity and what floor you are standing on and what level you are standing on too! It is a lot to take in lol. I love dancing and wish to get back into, but once you are out of college, it is hard to stick with it unless you go professional blah! Try it barefoot! I love it. I don't feel like I am worrying about my shoe lace or anything like that. ..Well sometimes I even do it naked. I cant be bothered with other things LOL :blushing:
  • jeawashko
    jeawashko Posts: 40
    Options
    it's funny you say that because the 2 days i've been doing it the bottoms of my feet have been KILLING ME and i just got brand new running shoes last week that were professionaly fitted. i actually took mine off halfway through today. i am on hardwood as well, so it sounds like that might be the problem. i will keep playing around with it but i might end up going barefoot on my mat, too.
  • AnissaAndrews
    AnissaAndrews Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I kicked my shoes off in the middle of day one because I felt like they were too tight...and I swear, I will never wear shoes to do it again! I was shocked at how much better I felt barefoot!
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hurt my feet too, both with and without shoes. I think it's one of those things where it just takes time to stretch out the parts of your feet that aren't usually getting worked so hard. Probably will feel better within a week. I do mine with shoes off though. Easier. :)
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I will normally do mine barefoot or in my nike frees.
  • helper3
    helper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I bought the Dr. Shulzs insirts for my gym shoes, they you would prob want to use the m to help sopport your arch :)
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    This will seem odd but... what kind of socks are you wearing? I borrowed some socks from my sister to work out once, and they had "arch support"... I didn't even get through half the workout before I had to change socks because my arches hurt SO BAD. One of the stranger experiences of my exercise ventures.