In search of friends =)

Options
Hi! My name is Mallory. I'm 24, 5'5", my starting weight was 306..I'm currently down to 292. I just want to add some more friends who have the same goals as me..

I feel a little overwhelmed by how much I need to lose to be at a healthy weight. I just want a few of us big girls to get together and lose it one pound at a time.

So add me if you'd like =) we all need support and that's what we are here for!

Replies

• ashym25
    ashym25 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi, my name is aisling, i just signed up so im staring properly 2moro, looks like a great site!!
  • my6kiddos
    my6kiddos Posts: 10
    Options
    I'll add whoever would be interested in being MFP pals on here! :smile:
  • mariondot40
    mariondot40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi

Please feel free to ad me mariondot40 :)
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Hey! So I am 22 years old 5'9" and currently about 255. I want to get down to 180 (and maybe from there decide on a new goal.)

My highest weight was 317 that I know of. There was a while there where I refused to get on the scale so I could have been higher. Then I dropped to my goal weight and a little beyond and was down to 174. Now as I mentioned I am back up to 255 after gaining so much back due to emotional/stress eating the comfort foods. Right now I am trying to get back on track before I gain anymore.

I would love some friends so feel free to add me. I am definitely going ot have to do this one pound at a time and would love some support!
  • puddle33jumper
    Options
    I too am aware of how hard it is to loose that much weight and then trying to keep it off. A few years ago I was down to 170, but went on an extended vacation and wasn't able to take my workout videos with me. Indulging in the local foods wasn't that good for my waist line either, even though it tasted great. When I came back I didn't get back into my work out so have gain what I lost and then some. I hope to at least get back to the 170 so I can wear the clothes I have packed in a box in my closet.

Getting the motivation to keep going is the hard part. Understanding that there will be days that you may have set backs and learning to be ok with that and keep going forward and not giving up right then and there. I had started doing my work outs last year about this time but I had just been getting over being sick and thought "I can do this" 10 minutes in I was about to pass out and get sick. I had to stop. I am finally feeling as if I can possibly get back to doing my work out now. I know that I need to keep the work out so that I can do it but not make myself sick at the same time. Taking it one pound at a time like you said is the best way. Don't get caught up in the total weight you need to loose.

You are off to a great start 14 lbs may not seem like a lot but it is for bigger people like us when that few pounds can mean the difference between having to take a medication and not having to take it.