So freaking proud of myself!!!!

Options
So i got home from a 14 hour day of work (two jobs)....and didn't take any meat out and jsut wasn't in the mood to cook. So i was going though my head "well if i get a 10 piece meal from mcdonalds thats like 800+ cals ...is it really worth it?....no...ok subway, i know ill get a footlong which is like 700 calories...no..chinese? no...." so i decided to go to albertsons (the only grocery store in town) and try to find something healthy there. Now i was extrememly tempted to get chicken strips and potato wedges from the deli....with who knows how many fat, carbs and cals, but i really thought about it and i grabbed a roasted chicken, pita chips(160 cal serving) cucumber,tomato and bell pepper salad, and mashed potatoes(for my dad, but i had 1/4 cup cause i couldnt' resist.)

Then i was bummed casue i been doing soo good and thought i would be like 500 calories over....but i went over jsut by 130 for my days worth....not too shabby. First time i went to the store on such an empty/tired stomach and actually chose "healthy" foods! Usually i would have just gone through the drive through and gotten a HUGE meal. I think i might be getting the hang of this!

Replies

• Saudimom
    Options
    Good for you.....Thumbs up!!!!
  • healthychic
    Options
    Awesome job!! That is so great, I completely screwed up today so its good to see that it IS POSSIBLE to eat healthy. Keep it up girl!:drinker: :happy:

:heart: Danielle
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Great!
    Little steps - that's what it's all about!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Good for u! I know what u mean, i was starving after class tonite and it was already 9 pm so i just went home and made a tuna sandwich on whole wheat and it was delicious and not way over in calories!It feels great to made good choices!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I know i finally feel like i'm in control of myself and i'm in the drivers seat of my life....It feels so wonderful!
  • nderseweh
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yeah...good job
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I know i finally feel like i'm in control of myself and i'm in the drivers seat of my life....It feels so wonderful!

Yup, that being in control of what I was eating by working with my numbers was all I needed to FINALLY get the weight off! I'm sure it'll be the same way for you too! Great feeling to be the one in control, isn't it?!!! :happy: