Mind/Body Disconnect

Options
For my whole life I feel like I have been at war with my body. Mostly dealing with my weight, but now also dealing with spine problems, and I'll throw the adult acne in there as well.

I don't ever think of myself (body, mind, emotions) as a whole. Most of the time I'm just "living" in my mind.

Does anyone relate to this. Has anyone made progress in integrating these parts? Tips or exersices to share? Thanks!

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some mindfulness exercises?
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Your mind is wanting to dance and your body is saying NO!
  • hanky1
    hanky1 Posts: 39
    Options
    agree mindfulness could be the thing for you! train yourself to bring your attention to the present moment e.g. your breath, how your body feels, what you can see, smell and hear. get you out of your head so much. lots of health benefits!
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I get that you have these feelings from the inside - but what I see (from the outside) from your profile pic is a beautiful healthy looking woman. Be kind to yourself . Ye we all have hang ups - but my motto is "If you can't CHANGE it you have no other option but ACCEPT it". Hope this helps and you find your inner peace xx
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Some great tips! Keep them coming!

I really want to be present in my body. If that makes any sense. I put food in me that does nurish me cause I justify it in my mind, same with skipping work outs. Is there a way to put my bodys needs in charge of my thinking?