TTC Ladies......gotta question

Options
apierce2010
apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
How soon after ovulation can you take a home preg test?

Replies

• apierce2010
    Options
    Just curious cause the wait is killing me and Thanks in advance!!!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Anyone :huh:
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    13 minutes.
  • Readytobedifferent
    Readytobedifferent Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 weeks
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Id say two weeks ....good luck !! xx
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Most test say 5 days before your expected period date. All depends on how sensitive the test is though.
  • digitaltara
    digitaltara Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Implantation is usually 7-10 days after ovulation. So, depending on how sensitive the test is and how fast you are producing the hormones, you can probably start trying at around day 10. As a fun side note, the tests at The Dollar Store are some of the most sensitive on the market.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Depending on what kind of test you are taking. You can take on up to five days before your period is due. However you really should wait till the day you are due or even a day later. I know it is so hard to wait.
    Good luck!
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had a positive test 11 days after the act!! Good luck-the wait is the worst part!
  • Ruffles20
    Ruffles20 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I got a + preg test 10dpo
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    How soon after ovulation can you take a home preg test?

You can take a pregnancy test 5 days prior to when you are scheduled to get your TOM. This is approximately 2 weeks after ovulation. Keep in mind that you may take it too early and it will come back negative, so don't be discouraged. It took 9 years for me to have my babies and I went through a gazillion tests. When I finally got pregnant, I took it 5 days prior to TOM, negative, then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1. Negative all of those days. Three days AFTER I missed my TOM, it was positive. You will be anxious, but try to wait. If you can't then just make sure you know that it MAY be negative if you take it too early.
    Good luck to you. Trying to conceive is quite a journey.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I was always told takes 10 days to show up on a test after conception at least. I used to buy one on the 11th day then again 3 days after I was to start if I hadn't.

And all my preg were confimed with the cheap test at our save a lot or dollar general, then again with our doctor. No need to go buy the expensive test to find out.

Hope you getting the answer you want.
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Implantation is usually 7-10 days after ovulation. So, depending on how sensitive the test is and how fast you are producing the hormones, you can probably start trying at around day 10. As a fun side note, the tests at The Dollar Store are some of the most sensitive on the market.

This exactly! I was test obsessed when I was TTC and started test about 7DPO (days past ovulation). Although, I never got a positive until at least 10 days after.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It depends on your LP.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I got a + preg test 10dpo
    Same here
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I wait until my expected period. Then I take one.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Okay. I was never able to wait until I had officially missed my period. I think with my fist I tested probably 3 days before I was officially late. With my second I out of nowhere threw up about a week after ovulation and it really felt pregnancy related so I tested. I was pregnant. I was pretty shocked that the test picked it up that early.

The long and short of it is that the longer you wait to test the better because you'll have more HGC in your system for the test of pick up on.

I would highly recommend the Taking Control of Your Fertility site. Their forums are an amazing source of information.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You could always order a bunch from amazon because they are really cheap and test as soon as you like, good luck!!