Any Early-Bird Die-hard Exercisers?

Options
cramernh
cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
For a week every day, I have been getting up at 4am to be out the door and at the gym by no later than 4:45am to workout.

I gotta tell you - this has been going AWESOME for me. Im actually sleeping better at night, Im not sluggish during the day and I feel as though I have alot more focus during the working-hours of the day.

I am loving the adrenalin rush Im getting from this early-morning routine and definitely considering keeping up with it on a day-to-day basis. I look forward to getting up and hitting the gym hard - been really enjoying it!

I dont ever want to workout at night ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else enjoy the early morning routine?

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i do. i just got back from a run/walk. if something comes up during the day. i don't have to worry about not getting an exercise in. it's done and over with. i can go on about my day with lots of energy. i start to wind down about dinner time, which is perfect for me.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am an early morning gal too. I love it. You have so much energy for the day and no need to worry about fitting in workouts at night:). I could never go back.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE IT! Up at 4:30 every day to get the workout done before the day really starts. Love the way it makes me feel for the rest of the day!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning workout person - if I don't do it early, it usually doesn't get done! I workout at home, so am up by 5:15 to get things finished before its time to take the kiddo to school. And if it's a run day, then I go for that after I drop her off. Even when school is out I stick to the early schedule - it's too dang hot to workout later in the day! :tongue:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Im definitely considering making this an everyday-thing... I really am enjoying this!!!!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am excited about school almost being out so I can start going to the gym early. We live in a semi-rural area and I'm not comfortable running before dawn (it's the four-legged creatures I worry about, not the two-legged ones!)
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm definitely an early morning exerciser. If I'm not sweating by 5am I feel like I'm behind schedule. A very few days I've had to skip until after work and on those days it seemed to be a huge struggle to get myself motivated.

I like being all revved up for the work day...it makes it go by faster. Plus with my exercise calories already in the calculation, it's easier for me to plan my eating for the day.