trying to lose

Options
hi i'm a 26 year old male wanting to get back to the shape i was in a few years ago i was 160 lbs and now i am 235 lbs i went out and got a hart monitor with calorie counter and chest strap but not to sure how accurate it really is but i guess i will soon find out i don't really think that i could have burnt 1200+ calories just walking the dogs for a hour and forty five minutes but maybe any way ill give it a go

Replies

• bhug918
    bhug918 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome :-) 1200 seems like a lot but every bit helps.
  • PaulaJKelly
    PaulaJKelly Posts: 96
    Options
    Good for you monitoring your heart. Only your doctor can tell you if your present condition warrants a heart rate monitor. For a more realistic burn - you may want to put your time and activity in the exercise section and see what it says. If you burn more than you expect and don't eat all those calories back, you still win. You are moving, you are making your dogs happy and healthier, and you will see good results. Keep moving!
  • Jstud3232
    Jstud3232 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sup bro is you want solid results your going to have to do some high intensity cardio. Example running, biking, hiking , basketball, boxing, weight training, ect and maintain a good diet. Im about to try and loose 20 pounds this month will see how it goes .