So close, yet so far...

Options
I'm at 150. Or 150.2, or 149.8 for a brief second, then back to 150.

I want to be in the 140's so bad I can taste it, but every week, it's like....

so-close-yet-so-far_1336145128_epiclolcom.gif

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    My $.02:

The closer you get to your goal, the further you have to push the envelope to keep seeing results.

"Pushing the envelope" = larger deficits, more activity, etc. <----The key here is to alternate your envelope pushing periods with more frequent breaks.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm on the verge of getting back into the 160s. Maybe all the laughing from that clip will be enough to push me over the edge. Good luck to you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. But I'm still 50 or 60 lbs from my goal.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    But that dude wasn't that close...
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was in the 160's (162 to be exact) for a good two weeks and it was pissing me off. I decided to cut starchy carbs from my dinner and in about a week, I was in the 150's and that was about 4 weeks ago. Right now I weigh-in at 155 so I believe I've successfully kissed the 160's goodbye.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I want to be back in the 150s :(
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My $.02:

The closer you get to your goal, the further you have to push the envelope to keep seeing results.

"Pushing the envelope" = larger deficits, more activity, etc. <----The key here is to alternate your envelope pushing periods with more frequent breaks.

Ain't that the truth.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    My $.02:

Sounds right to me.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    I feel you....had been stuck in the lower 150's like forever and finally been in the 140's for 4 days now....I hope the 150's are gone for good!

Try not to stress over it...stress will only slow down the process even more! Hang tight, it will happen!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for that!

Don't give up, you will make it. You just have to push harder!
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that video, it cheered me up. I totally feel like that guy! I keep tottering between 161 and 160 lately. I just wanna break into the 150s! Wanna trade with me :tongue:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Can you safely add 15 minutes of cardio somewhere that you don't eat back? Or I know I loose weight a lot faster when I do cardio, abs, or even stretching in the morning right when I crawl out of bed. Nothing intense, but it seems like my system needs a "jump start".