I'm a zombie!

Options
I sleep 6-8 hours a night and never feel rested! I have cut way back on my caffiene intake but still love my low cal energy drinks. Monster absolute zero is pure delicious energy (and a bunch of other horrible **** that will surely kill my kidneys one day). Anyone have meal or snack ideas that may help with increasing energy and alertness. I love zombies but I'm tired of feeling like one! Thanks.

Replies

• CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's a big possibility that you could be so addicted to the caffeine in the energy drinks that your body thinks it can't function without them. Even if it's low-cal, the caffeine is really the "bad guy." Trying to quit caffeine cold turkey is an awful idea (and experience - TRUST) but can you try and wean down slowly to just one a day (or even every other day, or once a week, or...)

The caffeine withdrawals are what I'm thinking are dragging you down. Seems counterintuitive to quit caffeine for more energy, but I really think this could be what your body wants.

For me personally, what gives me the most energy is a combination of fat and protein (think full-fat yogurt, eggs, cheese, nuts etc.) and I save these for afternoon (or midmorning) pick-me-ups. HTH! :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i drink at least 4 cans aday we'll die together
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    oh and get your thyroid tested
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Try B complex vitamin, it helped me.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

without seeing your food diary there's limited info to go on here... How many energy drinks/ coffees do you have a day and when do you have them? Some energy drinks have other stimulants as well as caffeine. I have two coffees in the morning then switch to decaff.

Is 6 hours sleep enough for you? I really need around 8 to feel at my best.

What's your sleep hygine like? (Google it - there's all sorts of things that help a good night's sleep like not watchinb TV in bed, not having your alarm clock display shining at you etc.)

Do you have regular meals, healthy snacks and drink enough water during the day?

Good luck!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin with iron every day or I'm a zombie, too.
  • bhug918
    bhug918 Posts: 23
    Options
    i drink at least 4 cans aday we'll die together

At least I won't be alone LOL and I had my thyroid test a few years ago and it was normal. I'll ask my Dr. soon though. Thanks
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a good nights sleep in ten years, maybe more. It's better than it used to be, but I feel like I live among the walking dead. I think I've just gotten used to being tired constantly. I've talked to people about it, and they say they feel the same way. Not sure. I just know I am very very tired 100% of the time. I think one of the ways to tell if it's a problem for you is close your eyes where ever you re, if you can fall asleep within a minute or two, it's a problem. I can fall asleep at work in like 30 seconds if I close my eyes. I've seen he doctor. They are no help at all.
  • bhug918
    bhug918 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there,

without seeing your food diary there's limited info to go on here... How many energy drinks/ coffees do you have a day and when do you have them? Some energy drinks have other stimulants as well as caffeine. I have two coffees in the morning then switch to decaff.

Is 6 hours sleep enough for you? I really need around 8 to feel at my best.

What's your sleep hygine like? (Google it - there's all sorts of things that help a good night's sleep like not watchinb TV in bed, not having your alarm clock display shining at you etc.)

Do you have regular meals, healthy snacks and drink enough water during the day?

Good luck!

I used to drink a pot of coffee a day (or close to it). Now I have coffee about three times aweek, no more than 2 cups a day. My energy drinks are about 4-5 days a week and I drink the whole can which is two servings. I will definitely google that. Thanks so much