Supportive Friends

Options
Hi there.
My name is Theresa, I am 34 years old...and this is the "long story short" version of my story:
I was always a overweight child, in 2004 til about 2010 I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers.
Well, between Jun of 2011 til now I have gained 46 pounds back. I've never seen 199 in my adult life but that's all changing THIS year...my goal is to get there and beyond, and enjoy the journey while doing so. What I learned that I did not have while losing the 50 pounds was support, a group to be supportive and who I can be supportive to...so I just re-started my journey, fresh new start; eating 1800 calories a day as well as eating my exercise calories back. I've seen LOTS of posts about how many don't eat them back, but I chose differently...I think if I don't my body won't work well during a workout because it knows if it depletes that much energy it won't get anything back in return, and by "exercise" I mean for now walking 10,000 steps a day, eventually I'll do more but for now that's what is on my exercise list...
I am on here a lot lately, and would love some support and people I can support along the way as well. This isn't an easy journey but it does start with one step and together we can help one another...
xo
Theresa

Replies

• HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Nico, you can add me. I need supportive friends too. I'm in MST zone. I would also like your name with your friend reqest, so I know what to call you during email. Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

In Christ, Nico
  • coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sam, you can add me I'm here for the long haul! :D
  • Cookie_d
    Cookie_d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Linda and new here too... Add me...
  • 2myhealth577
    Options
    added you all :) thank yoU!
  • 2myhealth577
    Options
    :
    If there is ONE thing I've learned from this WL journey it's to have supportive friends who know what you are going through in the journey....ones who will lift you up when down, kick your butt if you aren't on track and help you through it all :D
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me :smile:
  • Encore_
    Encore_ Posts: 2
    Options
    hi, I'm Yoanna, add me, hope you good luck this time:)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My name is Kimberlee, 48. It's been a long journey and I have a ways to go yet. Having supportive friends make a world of difference. We can do this together. Feel free to add me.
  • colombianita0304
    Options
    FRUSTRATED
    a bit frustrated... on a 1200 calorie, go to the gym for 6 days a week for an hour to hour 1/2 (spinning, zumba, full body workout abs, weights).... its been about 3 weeks only lost 3 weeks, the scale isnt budging...., not sure if its because im lifting weights also... everyone notices and tell me how great i look i just want to see it on the scale!!
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    Welcome, My name is Dwight I too lost 85 pounds and gained 30 back. Now I have lost 21 as of today feel free to add me for support if you like.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tracey :) I am on every day :) feel free to add me :)
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    My name is Theresa, I am 34 years old...and this is the "long story short" version of my story:
    I was always a overweight child, in 2004 til about 2010 I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers.
    Well, between Jun of 2011 til now I have gained 46 pounds back. I've never seen 199 in my adult life but that's all changing THIS year...my goal is to get there and beyond, and enjoy the journey while doing so. What I learned that I did not have while losing the 50 pounds was support, a group to be supportive and who I can be supportive to...so I just re-started my journey, fresh new start; eating 1800 calories a day as well as eating my exercise calories back. I've seen LOTS of posts about how many don't eat them back, but I chose differently...I think if I don't my body won't work well during a workout because it knows if it depletes that much energy it won't get anything back in return, and by "exercise" I mean for now walking 10,000 steps a day, eventually I'll do more but for now that's what is on my exercise list...
    I am on here a lot lately, and would love some support and people I can support along the way as well. This isn't an easy journey but it does start with one step and together we can help one another...
    xo
    Theresa

Hi Theresa,
    Yes, I'm of that same mentality. We're in it together. I am about mutual support. Friend me if you'd like. I'm active on the site daily and I try to post encouragements daily. I would like the same.
  • mbcan316
    mbcan316 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Melissa. I'm relatively new here also. I have about 50 lbs I'd like to lose. Feel free to add me. Also, anyone else that would like to may add me. I like to give encouragement & receive it.
  • kris10lv84
    kris10lv84 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm on here everyday also...this site is so motivating between the people and the actual food and exercise tracker..love it. Anyone who wants feel free to add me.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Request sent... anyone else may feel free to add me. :)
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    FRUSTRATED
    a bit frustrated... on a 1200 calorie, go to the gym for 6 days a week for an hour to hour 1/2 (spinning, zumba, full body workout abs, weights).... its been about 3 weeks only lost 3 weeks, the scale isnt budging...., not sure if its because im lifting weights also... everyone notices and tell me how great i look i just want to see it on the scale!!

Do you ever measure yourself ? I have heard numerous people say the scale is not moving but their clothes are getting looser or falling off. When you workout you could be building muscle and that could be why you are not seeing the scale budge. The scale is Important in losing weight but you should also take your neck, waist and leg measurement once every two weeks.
  • cacastig
    cacastig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm on nearly every day, I've been on here since last November but I've been doing it alone since then. Kind of hit a wall lately, it would be nice to get some friendly motivation. Anyone else, too!
  • sunnyspirits
    sunnyspirits Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    FRUSTRATED

Do you ever measure yourself ? I have heard numerous people say the scale is not moving but their clothes are getting looser or falling off. When you workout you could be building muscle and that could be why you are not seeing the scale budge. The scale is Important in losing weight but you should also take your neck, waist and leg measurement once every two weeks.

Do you really lose that many inches in the neck???
  • 2myhealth577
    Options
    Thank you all for the requests -- All added :).