I NEED HELP!!!!

Options
I am trying to lose weight, but I don't know where to start. Can somebody give me some good tips on healthy eating and some exercises i can do. I am a stay at home mom and don't have any equipment. If I could afford it, I would get a personal trainer. Thanks so much!

Replies

• Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Keep track of everything you eat, you'll soon start to see where problem areas lie. Try to cook your own foods where possible and reduce portion sizes of high calorie foods (I'd be failing miserably if I couldn't buy very tiny bars of chocolate rather than the huge ones I used to get!). Bulk up your meals with salads and vegetables or find healthier ways to cook the meals you enjoy, swapping a few ingredients (such as using a leaner meat or swapping white pasta, rice, bread and sugar for brown) or altering the way you cook something slightly (such as baking or grilling food rather than frying it) can have a significant impact on how healthy the meal is without making you feel like you're on a diet, making the change easier to maintain long term.

Walking and running are both cheap forms of exercise, you just need a pair of trainers. There are lots of calisthenic exercise you can do if you want to build up strength too, almost all of them don't require any equipment.
  • msnas
    msnas Posts: 5
    Options
    I too have a hard time eating better and I get no exercise. How do you get motivated when your husband has terrible eating habits and won't walk with you?
  • forjames1123
    Options
    Thank you! I am going to try my hardest to do this!!! I need to.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You can "rent" free exercise DVDs at the library, find them on Hulu, Netflux instant and youtube. There are lots of free otions for exercise.
  • cncersux
    cncersux Posts: 15
    Options
    It all comes down to how bad do you want it? If your husband won't go with you, grab your Ipod (or whatever) and make it your time. You can find all the excuses in the world but if you REALLY want it the excuses are just road blocks.Maybe when he sees your amazing progress he will want to join you. Just imagine how great you will feel when summer comes and you are healthier. Sorry for the tough love!