protein pancakes

Options
tlc12078
tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
Who has the recipe? I just saw them in the other forum n my kid said she would eat them, of course plus myself. SO please share if you could. :)

Replies

• socalgirl68
    socalgirl68 Posts: 85
    Options
    Here is my recipe.
    Hope you enjoy it! :)

Makes one huge pancake (could make more, i just always make one huge one for myself :laugh: )

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or vanilla or caramel or... you get the point)
    1/2 cup mashed sweet potato or banana
    2 egg whites
    1/8 cup vanilla almond milk
    1 TBS. Chia seeds
    1 TBS. Enjoy life chocolate chips
    Oil for cooking

mix together powder, whites, and milk. Add the remaining ingredients (you can add cinnamon too if u like)
    Cook in PAM or coconut oil.
    Hope you like it!!
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    These aren't protein pancakes per say, but I make them every weekend to use as snacks throughout the week at work.

2 cups of oats
    2 eggs
    1 cup low-fat yogurt (you can use greek if you want. . I use vanilla bean flavored Wallaby yogurt)
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 cup water (sometimes less. . .depending on the fruit I use)
    vanilla/almond extract
    cinnamon
    fruit of your choosing (lately, I've sliced up mango slices, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries into mine)

Blend oats in a blender until the consistency of flour. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Cook on griddle like normal pancakes using a little less than 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Each one should end up being about 3 inches in diameter.

With that measurement, I can usually make between 17-23 pancakes (again, depending on the fruit), and they usually come out to be between 55 and 75 calories a piece. :)
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Your oat pancakes sound good. Thanks
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    yum!
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe.
    Hope you enjoy it! :)

Makes one huge pancake (could make more, i just always make one huge one for myself :laugh: )

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or vanilla or caramel or... you get the point)
    1/2 cup mashed sweet potato or banana
    2 egg whites
    1/8 cup vanilla almond milk
    1 TBS. Chia seeds
    1 TBS. Enjoy life chocolate chips
    Oil for cooking

mix together powder, whites, and milk. Add the remaining ingredients (you can add cinnamon too if u like)
    Cook in PAM or coconut oil.
    Hope you like it!!

Is the potato/banana necessary, or would it work without it?
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy, i will try it soon!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump yum, thanks
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump for reference :-)
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe, it's very simple.
    1 heaping scoop of protein powder
    2 to 3 eggs
    1/2C old fashioned oats
    1/2C water or milk, possibly a little more, you just have to eyeball the consistency.
    Makes anywhere from 1 to 6 depending on size.

I blend the oats first to make a powder, then throw in the protein powder, then the water or milk and eggs.
    Very simple and very tasty
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I recently made protein crepes in, um, a not-as-successful-but-crepes-are-a-wonderful-silver-lining attempt at pancakes. I actually liked them more than pancakes...fun to fill up too!

my recipe is here: http://cookiemonstersanonymous.blogspot.com/2012/05/vanilla-protein-crepes.html
  • audreanna76
    audreanna76 Posts: 82
    Options
    bump
  • melinda_great
    melinda_great Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    here's a recipe i really like.

1/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 scoop (or 1/8 cup) plain or vanilla protein powder
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    2 egg whites
    1/2 cup oats
    1/8 cup water
    3-5 packets of stevia

Method:

1. Put all of the ingredients for the pancakes in a blender and blend until smooth!

2. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon 1/2 of the batter (if making 2 large pancakes) OR 1/4 of the batter (if making 4 smaller pancakes) onto pre-heated griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Remove from griddle when both sides are cooked, and place pancakes on a serving plate.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This sounded yummy so I went to search & put in 'protein pancakes' & tons of threads came up with a lot of delish sounding recipes...HTH!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The first ones I ever tried were from the Body for Life book. So simple. I have modified the recipe for one serving.

1/2 c. oats - uncooked and ground into flour in a blender
    3 egg whites
    1/2 c. non-fat cottage cheese
    non-caloric sweetener to taste (I forgot this last time, and they were still OK)
    1-2 T of water or milk
    dash of cinnamon or nutmeg

Blend all of these together and you get an awesome, filling, low-fat breakfast. I top with 1 T. of light pancake syrup, but it is also good with a homemade fruit topping.
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So many of these pancakes sound delicious! I can't wait to try them.
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump for Pancake ideas
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump