Eating at Night?

Options
Hello, I have heard that it is not good to eat late at night (within 2 hrs of going to bed).
I am curious, if you are still under your calorie limit for the day, does it matter?

Replies

• BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Hello, I have heard that it is not good to eat late at night (within 2 hrs of going to bed).
    I am curious, if you are still under your calorie limit for the day, does it matter?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Losing weight wise it won't hurt it as long you are within your calories for the day. But keep it light for digesting purpuses though. At least that's what I've heard.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you've hit a plateau then that is an easy way to change things up. I try not to eat after dinner, but I am not always sucessful.:ohwell:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Actually yeah it does matter (my opinion & that of many nutritionists).

To optimize metabolism and weight loss, the food pyramid should look like an inverted triangle with Breakfast being the largest meal of the day and you can actually eat what you formally ate for dinner at brekky and its still all good. Dinner should be the smallest meal of the day and unless you do your strength training after lunch and before dinner, you shouldn't eat any starchy carbs. Starchy carbs permitted at brekky and lunch to give your body the energy you need to get through your day. Starchy carbs are also allowed after a good workout (strength training) and should be planned to eat no more than twice a day unless you are pumping iron for an Iron Man Contest.

If you eat too close to bedtime, the digestive process might also hinder your sleep and is hard on the body. Do you know that every night between the hours of 10 pm and 2 am, your liver naturally detoxes?

A great way to bust a plateau is altering your exercise (strength training you either bump up the weight or increase the number of reps). Food wise you can bust plateaus with just altering the foods you eat and eating a wide variety of foods ~ eventually the plateau breaks. Food ruts are common. A very common weight loss pattern is that you drop pounds and then you maintain for a week or three while your body acclimates to the loss...its different for everyone.

The human body is pretty amazing when you actually delve into this weight loss journey. Sometimes I think Rocket science is easier to understand!...:laugh:

Wishing Everyone A Good Day and Good Eats!!!
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Thanks for all of your great responses!! What a great resource this site is!!!

I just ran 4 miles!!! Wish me luck, 14 pounds gone, about 15 more to go!! I could not do it without this website.