Question about calorie intake or the lack there of??

Options
BIG_Lew
BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
Why do ppl care how many calories ppl eat?
Why are ppl so critical of those with a eating disorder instead of encouraging them?
Should those who hide the diaries be so vocal about those with a eating disorder?
Would it be fair for ppl with a ed to say ppl tht don't log their exercises are allergic to the gym?
Or would it be ok for a person with a ed to look a sum diaries and say a person eat to much?
*** This are all just questions I was wondering as I read some ppl being very judgmental of others. I think we should all ban together and be friends with each other and tons of fun,be more encouraging and less hypocritical. Just my opinion, wht do u guys think?

Replies

• chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I agree totally =)=)=)=) where all different and different things work for different people =)
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Agree :)
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I agree.

Too many people think they are the calorie police.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Its because everyone on this site think their method is the "right" method and therefore should be the one everyone on this site follows....
    Always failing to acknowledge that not one of us is built the same and what will work for them, will not necessarily work for others....
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    I just think things could b so much better here if ppl were more helpful, less judgemental, and just be full of fun. This is the internet, u don't get a grade for this stuff, just loosen up. And or mind ur own business
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I just think things could b so much better here if ppl were more helpful, less judgemental, and just be full of fun. This is the internet, u don't get a grade for this stuff, just loosen up. And or mind ur own business

I agree people came to this site hoping to find more support than they were in the outside world....and they still get attacked and bashed for everything they do or don't put in their mouths...
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    Everyone here is here for the same reason. Fitness. To get into the best shape of our lives. There are some people out there who do not know what they are doing and will need help, we should help. There are those out there who think they know everything so be it. Suggestions are fine, but once it comes to judging, it has crossed the line. I have seen sooo many people who have been "trashing" people with eating disorders lately. I have not personally come across someone that has that issue on here yet but when you do, I feel the best thing to do is talk with them about it and try to help them through it. Maybe you will be the ONE person that can get through to them. I would not bash them.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think this site is a place to get information about what COULD help each other...when I see someone eating 300 calories a day who has asked why her hair is falling out, I'm going to suggest that she eats more.
    Same as if I see someone asking what they're doing wrong if they are eating a ton of junk...
    I'm here to help and get helped therefore if I have knowledge about something someone is asking about, i'm going to share
    it and I expect others to do the same.
    I'm not a jerk or inconsiderate when I recommend things because that won't help anything. we are all here for fitness and health...if anyone sees unhealthy habits that is pretty much suicide, they should say something. I've seen a lot of stuff on here and as someone who has been through an eating disorder I know how much it ruins bodies that other people may not realize, you better believe I'm going to say something...I've seen people consume a net of 200 calories for months, take about 10 diet pills/ex lax etc and exercise over 1000 calories a day...I pretty much used to do the same thing about 10 years ago and my body STILL isn't normal from it...Also if someone is saying they feel bloated etc...I'm going to suggest eating less sodium, or less snacking on empty calories (Depending on their diaries)

This is a site for sharing knowledge, help, motivation and inspiration for healthy fitness...so when people ask should we just ignore them instead of answering their question to the best of our knowledge?
    I agree that judgment shouldn't be placed and I usually just delete people whom I see doing these things after I make a few nice comments about my experiences with similar things and they keep going-I realize I'm nobody to them but if strangers told me things to try to help instead of my family when I was going through these things I might have changed my ways earlier, never know who you might help, that's why I usually say something but be as nice as possible.
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm not saying I don't agree I just choose not to enable those with ED's. It hurts my heart that they are hurting so much that they take it out on their bodies like that. I just can condone or be apart of it. I'm not judging I just sympathize what it feels like to be prisoner to what you eat.
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    I think this site is a place to get information about what COULD help each other...when I see someone eating 300 calories a day who has asked why her hair is falling out, I'm going to suggest that she eats more.
    Same as if I see someone asking what they're doing wrong if they are eating a ton of junk...
    I'm here to help and get helped therefore if I have knowledge about something someone is asking about, i'm going to share
    I'm not a jerk or inconsiderate when I recommend things because that won't help anything. we are all here for fitness and health...if anyone sees unhealthy habits that is pretty much suicide, they should say something. I've seen a lot of stuff on here and as someone who has been through an eating disorder I know how much it ruins bodies that other people may not realize, you better believe I'm going to say something...I've seen people consume a net of 200 calories for months, take about 10 diet pills/ex lax etc and exercise over 1000 calories a day...I pretty much used to do the same thing about 10 years ago and my body STILL isn't normal from it...Also if someone is saying they feel bloated etc...I'm going to suggest eating less sodium, or less snacking on empty calories (Depending on their diaries)

This is a site for sharing knowledge, help, motivation and inspiration for healthy fitness...so when people ask should we just ignore them instead of answering their question to the best of our knowledge?
    I agree that judgment shouldn't be placed and I usually just delete people whom I see doing these things after I make a few nice comments about my experiences with similar things and they keep going-I realize I'm nobody to them but if strangers told me things to try to help instead of my family when I was going through these things I might have changed my ways earlier, never know who you might help, that's why I usually say something but be as nice as possible.

EXACTLY
  • nikkiprickett
    Options
    I'm not saying I don't agree I just choose not to enable those with ED's. It hurts my heart that they are hurting so much that they take it out on their bodies like that. I just can condone or be apart of it. I'm not judging I just sympathize what it feels like to be prisoner to what you eat.

this too :)
  • BIG_Lew
    Options

Thts a great attitude......wish everyone else felt the same
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    I understand ur point of view. It just bothers me when i see ppl say they denied someone's friend request because they have a ed. But they didn't tell them why they denied them, they just put their business on blast buy telling everyone who they are and why u denied them.
  • nikkiprickett
    Options
    I understand ur point of view. It just bothers me when i see ppl say they denied someone's friend request because they have a ed. But they didn't tell them why they denied them, they just put their business on blast buy telling everyone who they are and why u denied them.

yeah that's a little much before you even know the person or if they are trying to recover, or if they have a set plan given from a doctor for some reason etc...I've heard quite a few people that are coming back from a surgery or something where they are only supposed to eat so many for a month or so or whatever, I accept everyone's request and i've only deleted a few people who only talk about binging/purging, eating as little as 200 cals a day, working our like I said before and taking that many pills and not taking anyone who has said something seriously...I don't want to fall back into thinking all of that is okay, which is why I delete them. I also don't think anyone should talk about someone else specifically name them either
  • BIG_Lew
    Options

yeah that's a little much before you even know the person or if they are trying to recover, or if they have a set plan given from a doctor for some reason etc...I've heard quite a few people that are coming back from a surgery or something where they are only supposed to eat so many for a month or so or whatever, I accept everyone's request and i've only deleted a few people who only talk about binging/purging, eating as little as 200 cals a day, working our like I said before and taking that many pills and not taking anyone who has said something seriously...I don't want to fall back into thinking all of that is okay, which is why I delete them. I al

so don't think anyone should talk about someone else specifically name them either

Agreed