Under Alot of Stress

Options
I am under so much stress lately. I recently had an argument with one of my friends and my spouse is getting on my last. I can recover this these but why am I cheating on my diet. This has been the most awful week since I have started this journey. I really need some encouragement to back myself back on track.

Replies

• Sylvialng55
    Options
    Hang in there. I am impressed that you have lost 15 pounds. There are too many trying to follow in your foot step. Stand tall, shake the problems off and stay focus. You can do it, the only one mad is the devil. Don't dwell on your mistakes, dwell on your accomplishments.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I guess cause under stress we turn to old habits for comfort. try instead of the cookie, chips, whatever your weakness is to go for a walk. or do some other form of exercise. Do you have a Wii? I have Wii resorts and i admit when stressed I get out the boxing train part and just virtually punch the heck out of the bag. Helps if still mad go for a walk out in our yard with my music. Allow my self one mad song and walk to the beat (King of anything or Drowning Pools Bodies are a couple good ones, ) Then a couple calming songs and feel good songs. However many it takes walking the whole time. Then at least if i do still eat a handful of chips or a cookie i have burned off some of it. But usually i think about all I just put in and ask myself is whatever I am mad at or stressed about worth undoing what I just did. Usually grab some fruit and a large glass of water instead.

Hope that helps.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, I really do appreciate your comments; they are encouraging. I will pick myself back up and start again tomorrow with a plan to walk away my stress instead of eating it. These are things we all know, but I is a real pick me upper to hear it from someone else. Thank you, again.