Brooks Adrenaline to Pure Cadence?

Options
Hello everyone!

It's time to replace my running shoes again. I am a loving user of Brooks Adrenaline, but am also very intrigued by their PureConnect line, especially after seeing so many of my running friends switch to them and love them, but many are not Adrenaline users.

My question is for runners that do or have worn Brooks Adrenaline GTS sneakers... Have you tried the Pure Flow or Pure Cadence shoes and if so, did you like them, hate them, or indifferent? What were your reasons for your opinion? Are they good for long distances?

I am going to get re-fitted at my Fleet Feet store tomorrow but I am interested in hearing opinions as well just to help with my decision. So far all blogs I have found rave about the switch, many that have similar issues as I have with overpronation, etc. I am crossing my fingers that they are the right shoe because of two reasons 1) I am a colorful gal and would love to finally have a shoe that expresses that and 2) My orthopedic has recommended lighter weight shoes and if she is right, then good bye top of foot strain that comes and goes!

Thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• hezzyhlo
    hezzyhlo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am actually going to get some this weekend-I think the PureFlow, so I am curious to see the answers too!

I used to run in Adrenaline GTS, but it feels like they changed them and the newer ones just didn't do it for me-I was getting all kinds of foot/knee/shin pain (Which is why I actually switched to Adrenaline, they helped that a couple years ago!). I switched the the Glycerine, and that helped a lot, but I am very curious about the Pure line.

I tried the Flow's on at Fleet Feet last week, and I LOVED them-SOO comfy! I normally wear a 10 in running shoes, but the guy suggested that I go up half a size. They don't carry that size, so I left the store a bit disappointed. I am thinking of ordering them from RoadRunner this weekend b/c I can get 10% off :)
  • hezzyhlo
    Options
    BUMP! :)

I ordered my PureFlows today.. Can't wait!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    They are both a stability shoe, so as long as they are comfortable, go for it. They are performance stability, so they should be a little lighter with a little less shoe overall.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I talked to the guy at Fleet Feet (I run with their group weekly so I know them well) and he put me in the Ravenna's since I am marathon training. I am thinking of the Pure Flow's as a shorter distance shoe...maybe I will buy a pair for 5Ks and such and use the Ravenna for my long distances. I do LOVE the Ravennas!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am actually going to get some this weekend-I think the PureFlow, so I am curious to see the answers too!

I used to run in Adrenaline GTS, but it feels like they changed them and the newer ones just didn't do it for me-I was getting all kinds of foot/knee/shin pain (Which is why I actually switched to Adrenaline, they helped that a couple years ago!). I switched the the Glycerine, and that helped a lot, but I am very curious about the Pure line.

I tried the Flow's on at Fleet Feet last week, and I LOVED them-SOO comfy! I normally wear a 10 in running shoes, but the guy suggested that I go up half a size. They don't carry that size, so I left the store a bit disappointed. I am thinking of ordering them from RoadRunner this weekend b/c I can get 10% off :)

I also got foot pain from my Adrenalines!
  • sundaykl
    sundaykl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a newer runner but totally LOVE my Pure Flows. They are light, supportive and I have had none of my typical foot pain with them.
  • hezzyhlo
    Options
    Ran for the first time in my pureflows today, LOVE THEM! I only did 2 miles, but I haven't been able to even do a mile without extreme shin pain.. and no pain today! :)