Why cant people on here show real pics of themselves...

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Mine is my real picture now, before that I had pictures of my dogs. I've thought about changing it back to my dogs so I don't keep getting "inappropriate" messages. I'm not even that hot for gods sake! And I'm not showing cleavage, so what's up with that?

simple, if it moves they will try to _____ it lol

Correction.

If it moves, SOME of them will try to ______ it.
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I mean really is it that bad.....that you cant show a real pic of yourself...You have to hide behind a celebrity or something you found on the internet...

For the same reason the women you try to pick up give you fake phone numbers...

Oh burnnn... I'm just kidding, the opportunity just presented itself. :tongue: ... People do it (and most of the time this includes me) bc it allows them a bit of control. In person, you can more or less control your exposure to an individual and the masses, online you have no control over who sees you, how long and why once your image is up.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    <-- real pic.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I wanted you all to see this great bridge instead of my fat butt.... So that's why I chose this pic.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What you see is what you get.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    <~~~~~~ This is ME. and Username Sunshine, cuz I was born in August(summertime, love it) a LEO *Sun sign* =0).
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    <
    the real deal! :bigsmile:
  • legendary781
    legendary781 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    this B me!!!
  • rkleine74
    rkleine74 Posts: 19
    Options
    My dog died recently, and I have changed all of my profile pics on social media to photos of him.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    i was thinking about it.... you read my mind! :huh:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    <
    This IS me with my husband. Just about ALL of my profile pics are the real me, because quite frankly I don't care who sees them. They're far from inappropriate, certainly NOT "hot" or "provocative," and I have no issues with posting them here.

I'm not going to hide who I am. :smile:
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't think I see a lot of pics that aren't of people. Even if they are avatar shots, I usually just want to see what it says in them. A lot of them are clever.

I have no clever sayings so my picture is me.

And the picture in my progress bar is one that I took on one of my awesome adventures.

EDIT: And I'm far from looking the sort that gets flagged as inappropriate and therefore punished. So, it's all good. Haha
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    <
    100% me. Whatever floats your boat, sometimes I'm superwoman, huh who knew?!? :wink:
  • VintageDisaster
    Options
    I mean really is it that bad.....that you cant show a real pic of yourself...You have to hide behind a celebrity or something you found on the internet...

- Anonymity concerns (If someone is concerned about coworkers, students, psycho exes or other people they know finding their weight loss profile, but still want to benefit from the website and message boards)
    - Posting inspirational pictures of their goal body
    - Low self-esteem that comes with body image

Why the hell should people post pictures of themselves only to please rude people like you?

Oh, BY THE WAY, I *am* sporting a ''real pic'' of myself.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My dog died recently, and I have changed all of my profile pics on social media to photos of him.

I'm sorry. That is so sad. I don't know what I'd do without my Lenny (Jack Russell).
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My picture is me! I don't know who the guy in the mask is, I just asked to take a picture of him because Jack in the Box is yummmyyyyy :D
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    loll this thread is so fun!

and yea, this is me... can't you tell by the round faced chubby cheeked-ness? xD
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    ???

Most people DO have real pictures of themselves on here...
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    <
    100% me. Whatever floats your boat, sometimes I'm superwoman, huh who knew?!? :wink:
    Looks like Shania to me. :bigsmile:
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    <
    Looks like Shania to me. :bigsmile:

I flipping love you! :smooched: