I NEED HELP!!!!

Options
I have talked to several people on here and they have told me what works for them, but for some reason nothing is working for me!!!

I have no problem working out, I think my problem is what I eat at times. There are days I eat very good. I work and go to school full time so it is hard for me to make lunch or grab something healthy on the run.

I joined MFP January 29, 2009 and have only lost 6 lbs. I need to lose 90 lbs altogether. Please I need help. I am getting very depressed because I feel like I will never reach my goal. Everyone tells me to take it one day at a time but I have done that almost 8 months already and nothing is working.

I do not want to try any diet pills but the thought has crossed my mind. I usually don't rant too much but I really need help. Any workout tips and schedules? Any healthy foods on the run?

This is my last chance. I am 26 yrs old weighing 244lbs and I am 5'5", I want to have kids one day!!!!

Thanks for listening :cry:

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    maybe you could make your food diary public so we can see what you are doing there?

as well what are you doing for exercise and how often?

:smile:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    maybe you could make your food diary public so we can see what you are doing there?

as well what are you doing for exercise and how often?

:smile:

Well I usually do 30 minutes of Cardio about 3 times a week. At times I do 50 mins. I have stopped doing Tae Bo but I am going to start again with that. I have been slackinig. I do not work out as often as I should but I also do not eat to the point that I should not be losing any weight.
  • jennb5255
    jennb5255 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Inova83,
    I don't have any food on the go but there's an exercise website that I use to do a walking routine with. You can find it on www.realage.com
    Here's the link to the video
    http://www.realage.com/videos/?bclid=5030523001#v16661825001
    Don't get depressed keep a positive attitude and you will be able to reach your goals. I have read that sometimes you have to change you routine or eating habits to help get off a platuea. I hope this helops.
    Good luck!
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Warning: Tough love to follow. :flowerforyou:
    I have no problem working out, I think my problem is what I eat at times. There are days I eat very good. I work and go to school full time so it is hard for me to make lunch or grab something healthy on the run.

It's time to stop that. You CAN plan ahead and have your meals ready. Even if it means you pack your lunch and snacks the night before. If you really really want to do this, you need to stop being frustrated and take action. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • MissNova
    Options
    Inova83,
    I don't have any food on the go but there's an exercise website that I use to do a walking routine with. You can find it on www.realage.com
    Here's the link to the video
    http://www.realage.com/videos/?bclid=5030523001#v16661825001
    Don't get depressed keep a positive attitude and you will be able to reach your goals. I have read that sometimes you have to change you routine or eating habits to help get off a platuea. I hope this helops.
    Good luck!

Thank you so much I will look into it. I do try to change my routine I just think when I get depressed I stop everything.
  • MissNova
    Options
    Warning: Tough love to follow. :flowerforyou:

It's time to stop that. You CAN plan ahead and have your meals ready. Even if it means you pack your lunch and snacks the night before. If you really really want to do this, you need to stop being frustrated and take action. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I do pack my lunch at times but it is hard for me if I have crazy with school the night before. I am not making excuses I know I can do this!!! I just can't seem to actually understand that I can do it! Thanks for the encouragement. I am starting to feel better!
  • Kirsten2577
    Kirsten2577 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at my last 20lbs for a long time. What worked for me was a clean eating lifestyle change. It sounds crazy but I cut out refined sugars processed food and alcohol. I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks and hardly ever have watched my calories since. It sounds like theres not a lot of choice for food but there is. You can eat many meats... I use chicken/turkey /shrimp as my main one and I eat a lot of nuts/seeds. Hemp seed is great and has a ton of protien in it. I also use Basmati rice as a main carb as well. If you think this is for you go for it. You won't regrete it and you will feel energized and you will love the weight loss benefit

Best of luck

ps I have a few receips if you are interested
  • MissNova
    Options
    I was stuck at my last 20lbs for a long time. What worked for me was a clean eating lifestyle change. It sounds crazy but I cut out refined sugars processed food and alcohol. I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks and hardly ever have watched my calories since. It sounds like theres not a lot of choice for food but there is. You can eat many meats... I use chicken/turkey /shrimp as my main one and I eat a lot of nuts/seeds. Hemp seed is great and has a ton of protien in it. I also use Basmati rice as a main carb as well. If you think this is for you go for it. You won't regrete it and you will feel energized and you will love the weight loss benefit

Best of luck

ps I have a few receips if you are interested

Ok thank you so much. Yes please send me those receipes.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the encouragement from the other MFPers...I too am in school and have the task of packing for my day the night before. The key is to give yourself choices while you are at school. Believe me, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't want to hit the vending machine or grab one of the best brownies on earth from the cafeteria but when I am lugging around my red cooler (yep, I take it everywhere with me) and a backpack, it seems silly to spend money on junk food. Some of the things that I put in my cooler are...

~ Lean Cuisine Entrees ( If Im there from 2pm til 10pm I want something substantial and warm)
    ~ A Salad (dressing on the side)
    ~ Protien Shakes
    ~ Crunchy Stuff (baby carrots, apples, etc)
    ~ Soup (heat it in the microwave)
    ~ Wraps (put "wet" condiments on the side so it doesnt get mushy)

These are just some ideas. There are times that I only eat some items and there are times that I eat everything. You never know what you are going to be in the mood for so instead of caving into junk you can have all of your bases covered. Log it in the night before and if there is something that you don't eat you can save it for the next day and delete it from your food log if needed.

Good luck mama...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
  • MissNova
    Options
    I agree with all of the encouragement from the other MFPers...I too am in school and have the task of packing for my day the night before. The key is to give yourself choices while you are at school. Believe me, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't want to hit the vending machine or grab one of the best brownies on earth from the cafeteria but when I am lugging around my red cooler (yep, I take it everywhere with me) and a backpack, it seems silly to spend money on junk food. Some of the things that I put in my cooler are...

~ Lean Cuisine Entrees ( If Im there from 2pm til 10pm I want something substantial and warm)
    ~ A Salad (dressing on the side)
    ~ Protien Shakes
    ~ Crunchy Stuff (baby carrots, apples, etc)
    ~ Soup (heat it in the microwave)
    ~ Wraps (put "wet" condiments on the side so it doesnt get mushy)

These are just some ideas. There are times that I only eat some items and there are times that I eat everything. You never know what you are going to be in the mood for so instead of caving into junk you can have all of your bases covered. Log it in the night before and if there is something that you don't eat you can save it for the next day and delete it from your food log if needed.

Good luck mama...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

Wow these all sound great thanks!!!!