Hi, everyone

Options
lemasney
lemasney Posts: 67 Member
Hey, all. I'm John in central New Jersey.

I used MFP before to lose over 100 pounds, but I gained most of it back because I stopped using the tools and some major life events got in the way. I had a sudden realization and started to focus again, and so here I am, making the better choices, and avoiding the worse ones. I know what I have to do, and now I'm happy to be back on the path. I hope I can help others here to lose what they don't want, and I hope that I can call on you for help when I need it. Cheers to everyone who's trying, and I'll see you on the boards.

Replies

• kjburgess11
    kjburgess11 Posts: 20
    Options
    Good luck John! This is my first time being serious about losing weight and thying out MFP.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good job boys! Best of luck in your new goals - stay strong!
  • lemasney
    Options
    Thanks and best of luck to you right back!
  • lemasney
    Options
    Nice to meet you Skeena and KJ!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey John, glad to see ya back...feel free to friend request...always glad to help when I can ! Ray
  • Mogwai1985
    Mogwai1985 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi guys and gals, welcome to My Fitness Pal! This site is such a great asset. If you need support I am here to lend a hand. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for a few extra friends.
  • lemasney
    Options
    Hi, Ray and Juliet, and thanks so much for the support.
  • gregse
    gregse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I lost 50 2 years ago and gained 25 back. MFP helps me monitor food, exercise, calories. I use the android ap on my phone and just figured out it scans barcodes of food an logs calories fat etc for you..way cool:smile:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I know you're right, we have to continue to use what we have learned for the rest of our lives. A lifestyle change is exactly what I needed. I actually love making the right choices and learning how to take care of me. My husband and son have been affected by my healthier cooking, without even trying. In the last 2.5 months, my son has dropped 12 pounds and my husband has lost around 20. He has even started working out after seeing me do it so much!

I'm always willing to help support and try to motivate others in their goals. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck on your journey, I know you can do it!
  • lemasney
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I lost 50 2 years ago and gained 25 back. MFP helps me monitor food, exercise, calories. I use the android ap on my phone and just figured out it scans barcodes of food an logs calories fat etc for you..way cool:smile:

thanks so much!! I use the android app all day long, and I just got a fitbit to monitor my activity. Very cool indeed!
  • lemasney
    Options
    Welcome back. I know you're right, we have to continue to use what we have learned for the rest of our lives. A lifestyle change is exactly what I needed. I actually love making the right choices and learning how to take care of me. My husband and son have been affected by my healthier cooking, without even trying. In the last 2.5 months, my son has dropped 12 pounds and my husband has lost around 20. He has even started working out after seeing me do it so much!

I'm always willing to help support and try to motivate others in their goals. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck on your journey, I know you can do it!

thanks! I really do see it as a nutritional lifestyle change, and want to do it for the rest of my life. I will certainly add you as well as everyone else who was kind enough to reply and say hi. I appreciate your confidence. :)
  • ringray10
    ringray10 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey guys I just found out about MFP, and created an account! Hopefully this will help me reach my goals in becoming a phyiscal fit member of the Air Force ROTC program in College!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you need support, feel free to add me. I log in everyday and record almost everything I eat. I've been on MFP for over two months and working on weight loss for over 5. I also have a Fitbit device that I love.

Remember this is a journey, not a destination. You can do this and there is great support here on MFP.
  • lemasney
    Options
    Hey guys I just found out about MFP, and created an account! Hopefully this will help me reach my goals in becoming a phyiscal fit member of the Air Force ROTC program in College!

Best of luck! You're using a great tool.
  • lemasney
    Options
    If you need support, feel free to add me. I log in everyday and record almost everything I eat. I've been on MFP for over two months and working on weight loss for over 5. I also have a Fitbit device that I love.

Remember this is a journey, not a destination. You can do this and there is great support here on MFP.

Adding you now. I do the same -- I try to be very faithful about logging. I just got my fitbit in the mail today! Thanks for the support.