Was attacked by my BP bar!

Options
Has anyone ever mis-calculated where they were on the bench, leaned back at full speed and whacked their head on the bar. Damn that hurts.

If you haven't figured out I'm not very serious about anything.

Replies

• HeatherBurke
    Options
    Been there, done that!
  • squib
    squib Posts: 34
    Options
    trust me- everyone has this "experience" :laugh:
    but than again it makes a reason to snack something good to make the pain go away :tongue:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever mis-calculated where they were on the bench, leaned back at full speed and whacked their head on the bar. Damn that hurts.

I must say in all my years of lifting weights I have not done this but I have seen it happen (my hubby!). You say your not serious about anything? Yeah man you ARE! You have LOST 30 and again I say 30 pounds!!! That takes major SERIOUS!!! Good job and beware of those weight bars the can do damage ! LOL
    Verda
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Damn that hurts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know it's not funny, but that just struck me as so funny. Sorry, Iplay.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

I must say in all my years of lifting weights I have not done this but I have seen it happen (my hubby!). You say your not serious about anything? Yeah man you ARE! You have LOST 30 and again I say 30 pounds!!! That takes major SERIOUS!!! Good job and beware of those weight bars the can do damage ! LOL
    Verda

As much as I like sarcasm and self depreciating hurmor, I see the problems my father is having from being over-weight most of his adult life. (he's lost 30 lbs in 3 months with WW, talk about serious) and I don't think it's all that funny. I need to get out ahead of this thing while I can. And let's face it, I have a little bit of vanity, I like the muscle definition thats starting to show up, and I like that I have to ratchet down my belt from time to time.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    back to humor, I've smacked my head on the bar before, but that's second to forgetting to tighten the bar locks and having 75 lbs suddenly fall off your bar and it FLYS up and almost takes your head off. That was more embarrassing than painful but ... :ohwell:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I once was on a stationary bike and I went to stretch my calves by standing up on the pedal and leaning back...my foot slipped off the pedal and it rotated full speed slamming into my shin...of course there was someone on the bike next to me. She didn't think it was as funny as I did, she just looked at me like I was a moron while I laughed it off. :laugh: