CRAZEE! ~ An Epiphany

Options
Ok...so far I have had the nutritional counseling session with the Lifestyle Coach/Personal Trainer that I recently signed on with. He wants me to eventually eat 2000 cals per day but suggested I start slow and strive for 1200-1500 cals per day.

Prior to this I was eating anywhere from 900-1200 cals per day and exercising and not losing any poundage.

I had my session on Friday and speculatively started eating HIS way on Saturday. I'm sorry to have to say this folks BUT I am having sooo much trouble getting this food in...It's like OMG do I have to eat s'more and OMG do I have to eat again already??

To top this off, I stepped on the scale this morning and I've dropped a pound. No exercise yet...I have my fitness evaluation tomorrow and our first scheduled workout is Friday.

I'll keep ya posted!:drinker:

Replies

• DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ok...so far I have had the nutritional counseling session with the Lifestyle Coach/Personal Trainer that I recently signed on with. He wants me to eventually eat 2000 cals per day but suggested I start slow and strive for 1200-1500 cals per day.

Prior to this I was eating anywhere from 900-1200 cals per day and exercising and not losing any poundage.

I had my session on Friday and speculatively started eating HIS way on Saturday. I'm sorry to have to say this folks BUT I am having sooo much trouble getting this food in...It's like OMG do I have to eat s'more and OMG do I have to eat again already??

To top this off, I stepped on the scale this morning and I've dropped a pound. No exercise yet...I have my fitness evaluation tomorrow and our first scheduled workout is Friday.

• JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It is crazy to eat more and lose! I never knew util this site what I was doing wrong--not getting enough calories to keep my body out of starvation mode. I'll be watching for future posts on this. Keep me informed!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options

It's amazing how much you can eat if you choose the right foods!
  • DianneLynn
    Options
    Here's a sample of my 1st & 2nd day .....

April 19, 2008

Breakfast
    John McCann's Steelcut Irish - Oatmeal, 1/4 cup cooked
    Fresh Fruit (Generic) - Apples - Raw, With Skin - Slices, 0.5 cup
    Walnuts - English (Traditional), 9.37 g or 1 oz. or 14 halves
    Rogers - Demerara Natural Brown Sugar, 1 teaspoon

Dempster Whole Grains - 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 1 slice
    Bulk Barn Natural - Almond Butter, Plain, Without Salt, 1 tbsp.

Gold Egg - Large Omega-3 Brown Egg, 1 egg scrambled with
    Onions, Raw - Regular Cooking Onions, 1 tbsp. chopped

Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
    Rogers - Demerara Natural Brown Sugar, 2 teaspoon
    Neilson Trutaste - Fresh Light Cream - 5% M.F., 1 tsp.

Snack
    Minute Maid - Premiun (Pulp Free) Orange Juice 100% Pure, 4 fl oz
    Gnc Pro Performance - Whey Iso Burst French Vanilla Cream Drink Mix, 2 scoops

Lunch
    Pc Blue Menu (Cdn) - Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts Frozen (Seasoned), 1 breast (138 g)
    Dimpflmeier - Black Forest Style Rye Bread, 2 slices
    Hellman's - Light Mayonnaise, 1 tbsps.
    Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 1 leaf outer

Fresh Organic - Strawberry Halves, 1/4 cup halves
    Fresh Organic - Whole Blueberries, 1/4 cup
    Fresh Organic - Red Seedless Grapes, 1/8 cup

Snack
    Nuts - Pecans, 1/8 cup

Dinner
    Homemade Recipe - Nacho Chicken Bake, 1 breast 385
    Asparagus, 12 spears

Snack
    Missed this snack because I just couldn't eat anymore!

TOTALS: 1,583 cals/135g carb/60g fat/127g protein/9-8 oz. glasses of water
  • DianneLynn
    Options
    April 20, 2008

Breakfast
    Oakrun - Whole Wheat English Muffins, 1 english muffin
    Naturally More - Natural Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp
    Maple Leaf - Canadian Back Bacon, 3 slices
    Gold Egg - Large Omega-3 Brown Egg, 2 egg scrambled

Fresh Organic - Strawberry Halves, 1 cup halves

Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz) 2
    Rogers - Demerara Natural Brown Sugar, 3 teaspoon
    Neilson Trutaste - Fresh Light Cream - 5% M.F., 1 tbsp.

Snack
    Missed it because I had a late breakfast ~ Shopping at the Mall.

Lunch
    Subway - Under 6 Grams of Fat 6" Turkey on Whole Wheat, 6 inch
    Sealtest - Chocolate Milk, 1 cup (250ml)

Snacks
    Walnuts - English (Traditional), 7 halves
    No Name - Raw Almonds, 12 pieces
    Bulk Barn - Pecans, 9.5 halves
    Bulk Barn - Hazelnuts, 10 nuts

Dinner
    Fish - Salmon, Atlantic, wild, grilled with cilantro
    Tossed Salad:
    Andy Boy - Romaine Lettuce , 6 Leaves
    Fresh Express - Spinach Lettuce - Baby , 1 cups
    Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 0.5 cup shredded
    Onions - Young green, tops only, 1 tbsp
    White button Mushrooms, 1/4 cup
    Renee's - Sweet Onion Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, 1 tbsp.

Snack
    Again, missed this snack ~ ate dinner late and was stuffed

Totals 1578 cals/134g carb/70g fat/92g protein/ 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water

ut oh...looks like I'm a lil low on the protein..sighs
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Preach it, sister!!!! AMEN!!!

I think that as a society we've decided that healthy=skinny and skinny=starving.

It's just not true!:flowerforyou:

oh, and ps. . .recipe for "nacho chicken bake", please?
  • DianneLynn
    Options
    Its already in the recipe section here Vivia

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/11332-nacho-chicken-bake

In my case starving = FAT.:laugh: This is really a decadent amount of food for me.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Wait til you hit maintenance. . .you will be dumbfounded.

Food, where have you been all my life? You'll think. . .

Oh, and thanks very much for the link!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 1200 cal diet recommendation since I started dieting. After always reading the posts about not enough calories... I have increased my calories by 200/day since last week - so far no change... (hopefully I won't start gaining :ohwell: )

If you don't mind my asking, what are your weight loss goals / current weight & height?
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not going to get caught in the same situation. At least 3 out of the 7 days I wind up eating 200-300 calories less than I'm allotted. It's amazing how few calories it takes to fill me up when I'm eating the right foods instead of burgers and pizza! I am trying to stay as close to the correct number as possible, but at the same time it seems bad to fill up on a piece of cake or something just to get the right number. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

ps - according to the scale I've lost 2# since I started a week ago. Yay! :happy:
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not going to get caught in the same situation. At least 3 out of the 7 days I wind up eating 200-300 calories less than I'm allotted. It's amazing how few calories it takes to fill me up when I'm eating the right foods instead of burgers and pizza! I am trying to stay as close to the correct number as possible, but at the same time it seems bad to fill up on a piece of cake or something just to get the right number. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

ps - according to the scale I've lost 2# since I started a week ago. Yay! :happy:

I KNOW!!! I figured that out yesterday. I ate soooo well for breakfast and lunch and a snack. It was 8pm and I wasn't even hungry yet for dinner. I still had 800 calories left and was trying to figure out how I could make something to use up my 800 calories- yet not be a ton of foods because i wasn't hungry. So dh made a pizza and I had 2 slices- and there went my 800 calories!
  • DianneLynn
    Options
    Ok...I've had the same difficulty..and the deal according to my Coach is to snack on nuts to raise your calories. It is sooo hard to balance your intake of fat/carbs/protein.

Unfortunately (sighs...I do LOVE Pizza) eating complex or starchy carbs that late in the day ensures that every bite of that pizza goes directly into fat storage UNLESS you had an intense resistance training session just prior.

It seems the only solution is to A) only eat pizza after a good, hard workout (resistance only...cardio (treadmill) doesn't apply) or B) eat pizza at breakfast before the workout.

Again I am re-iterating the rules my Nutritional Coach has set forward and, unfortunately, they make sense (bangs head against the desk)

The mantra I have been given is....It's Not About COUNTING CALORIES; it's about making your CALORIES COUNT.

(I print off my MFP diary and submit it to him and he loves it...his only remark was it would be nice to have meal subtotals so one can keep tabs on protein etc at a glance...lets face it..life is busy)