Replies

• hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    horray for the ignore user feature !
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You should have a look around this site - have a look into things like your BMR and also TDEE. Hopefully someone will come along and give you a good glimpse or some links into it. You can lose weight and eat a hell of a lot more calories than you are, and the fact your excersising means you really do need to eat more.

I think a lot of came onto this site not dieting in the healthiest way we could and hopefully you can use this site to learn a safer way.

Who doesn't want to be able to eat more and still lose weight? Got to love food!

Hope you manage to find some information that helps you achieve what you want from your body, a healthy way. Good luck xx
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Well, I may go get a second opinion. He may just wanted me to give him more money. Cause he wants me going in every week...But i don't know from what he told me sounded reasonable.

I think a second opinion is a very good idea, you can't afford to take risks with your health. I can't think of any circumstances where eating 500 cals a day is reasonable. And if you are required to be eating such a tiny amount for medical reasons then you need to get professional advice about how much (if any) exercise you are doing while eating so little.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Thinkthinstaythin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    OKAY EVERYONE. I honestly, do not like being judged. I do not have a stomach issue. I am on the skinny girl diet. I do not support pro ana. I have considered myself having ED. But I have not been diagnosed. I want to be healthy. I am trying my best and eating what I can, working out to be more toned. I am sorry for making up lies. I just consider a lot of my reasons to be personal and kept personal. But apparently you all want the truth.
    Let me say this all again.
    No doctor approved my diet.
    I am not under weight
    I am on low calorie
    I do exercise.
    I am on Skinnygirl.
    I do not support eating disorders.
    Nor do I have a eating disorder.

I did not want attention nor would I want people to be upset. Everyone lies at times, mine were for the reasons of insecurities of myself. I would appreciate it if you did not react in a angry matter. I just want support and people to talk to. I do not support ED. I am like anyone else trying to loose weight. I am just trying to loose it quickly. I am sorry for all the issues this has caused. I tried to delete the thread but I do not see how. Um sorry, for this. My lies got outta hand.

xoxo,
    J
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    OKAY EVERYONE. I honestly, do not like being judged. I do not have a stomach issue. I am on the skinny girl diet. I do not support pro ana. I have considered myself having ED. But I have not been diagnosed. I want to be healthy. I am trying my best and eating what I can, working out to be more toned. I am sorry for making up lies. I just consider a lot of my reasons to be personal and kept personal. But apparently you all want the truth.
    I am not under weight
    I am on low calorie
    I do exercise.
    I am on Skinnygirl.

I did not want attention nor would I want people to be upset. Everyone lies at times, mine were for the reasons of insecurities of myself. I would appreciate it if you did not react in a angry matter. I just want support and people to talk to. I do not support ED. I am like anyone else trying to loose weight. I am just trying to loose it quickly. I am sorry for all the issues this has caused. I tried to delete the thread but I do not see how. Um sorry, for this. My lies got outta hand.

xoxo,
    J

Firstly - well done on being honest.

Secondly - Please reconsider your 500 calories. When you start eating normally again you will only gain it back, so it is not sustainable. Lose weight in a healthy sustainable way and you won't have to do anything this drastic ever again.

Good luck.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    I know i would gain it back but I have a way to know that i will never gain it back it is a slowly increasing your diet so your body will be able to get use to it.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    WHY IN THE HELL IS EVERYONE GOING ON ABOUT THIS? GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY this is why I hate the forums. Do you not understand that the state of overweight is just as harmful to the human body as being underweight? Please take a moment to understand and/or empathize with the other side of the glass. She is here for help, she is asking questions on how to be healthier. I don't get why in the world you would keep pressing whether or not she is pro-anorexia. Overeating (well, B-E-D) is an eating disorder just like Anorexia. You can kill yourself either way! Get off her back.

I wish a moderator would shut this down, this is bullying.
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am not under weight
    I am on low calorie
    I do exercise.
    I am on Skinnygirl.

xoxo,
    J

I commend you for coming clean. You were brave to post the truth. As a mother, I can't help but take a maternal position. Please be careful. You are playing a very dangerous game with your health. If you suspect you may have an eating disorder, I encourage you to reach out for help. I'm sure you have people around you who love you and would happily support/help you if you showed the same bravery and came clean to them. You are beautiful as is and deserve to be healthy. Don't settle for anything less.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    .Hey, it's my birthday. I reserve the right to edit my posts forever.
  • Ihatechokos4eva
    Options
    Big Hugs hun, being honest is a hard thing to do sometimes. :flowerforyou:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being honest, I'm sure that was difficult for you to write. What do you need help with? If you are trying to tone up for the summer, which is the gist I got from your posts, you will look better, have better skin and more energy if you focus on resistance training and make sure to eat enough protein (and fat and carbs) to give your body some fuel. What you are doing right now is causing your body to eat your own muscles. The amount of muscle that you have is what sets your metabolism- no amount of tricks can overcome that fact, and you are setting yourself up to have a slower and slower metabolism as your body adjusts to VLCD and loses muscle. Eventually, this will cause you to either get "skinny fat" or outright overweight when you start eating more again- which you will have to do eventually.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    WHY IN THE HELL IS EVERYONE GOING ON ABOUT THIS? GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY this is why I hate the forums. Do you not understand that the state of overweight is just as harmful to the human body as being underweight? Please take a moment to understand and/or empathize with the other side of the glass. She is here for help, she is asking questions on how to be healthier. I don't get why in the world you would keep pressing whether or not she is pro-anorexia. Overeating (well, B-E-D) is an eating disorder just like Anorexia. You can kill yourself either way! Get off her back.

I personally am going on about it b/c I feel she deserves to be happy and would like her to find the support/help she needs. If my 19 year old daughter where harming herself in any way and came on a public forum, I would only hope that 1/2 as many people would try to help her.
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think this says all it has to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    same happens to me... guess we are not popular girl! LOL

I kinda gave up posting stuff in here!
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    I am trying to tone up. I am also trying to eat more but sometimes i forget or feel like I am just not hungry and don't need to. I feel like ED are a part of family I guess my aunt has one people know that yet nothing is done about it. I assume that they just dont care whatever your skinny and beautiful whatever works for you is how my family is
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    I am not under weight
    I am on low calorie
    I do exercise.
    I am on Skinnygirl.

xoxo,
    J

thank you for finally being honest not just with us but yourself

please do the 1200 minimum calories for YOUR HEALTH and please go and see your doctor so he can help and support you, i dont know where you are in the world but there are sites to help you with any disorders you have or haven't got.

in the uk you can contact BEAT http://www.b-eat.co.uk/

please just look on the site it maybe able to help you.

good luck
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    I am trying to tone up. I am also trying to eat more but sometimes i forget or feel like I am just not hungry and don't need to. I feel like ED are a part of family I guess my aunt has one people know that yet nothing is done about it. I assume that they just dont care whatever your skinny and beautiful whatever works for you is how my family is

If you don't have anyone around you that will support you, there are plenty of people that will support you here. Adding friends who you see losing weight in a healthy manner is extremely helpful. Reading the success stories are also encouraging. There is also a great group on here called 'eat more to weigh less' or something close.

As far as toning, I love the Jillian michaels DVDs. They are under $10 and you usually only need 3lb and 5lb dumbbells for her workouts. Cheap investment with great results. There are lots of before/afters around here from 30ds and ripped in 30, etc. :)
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options

I personally am going on about it b/c I feel she deserves to be happy and would like her to find the support/help she needs. If my 19 year old daughter where harming herself in any way and came on a public forum, I would only hope that 1/2 as many people would try to help her.

*sigh* how are we bullying her? We want her to get healthy, but her eating 500 cals a day isn't healthy. Please calm down, and stop yelling. Jeesh.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    Yeah, I will try my best. I am gonna fo to sleep its 3 am now. Good night.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Maybe it would help if you pre-plan your meals, and eat smaller meals a couple times a day? I don't know how long you have been eating verly low calorie, but I understand that adjusting to eating more is just as difficult as eating less is for other people. Maybe try the night before, or in the morning, to set a plan for what you will eat through the day and when you will eat. Try to have fat, protein and carbs at every mini-meal. So, breakfast you could try oatmeal and maybe a yogurt or some non-skim milk. Then you could have a handful of nuts as a snack, and maybe a some apples and peanut butter, and then some chicken and veg for dinner, and maybe even a treat if you feel up to it.

Maybe your family doesn't realize you feel this way about yourself? If they think you're beautiful they may have no idea that you don't feel the same way about yourself. Have you talked to your aunt about it?